Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a problem with fuel leak from top of the fuel pump.

It looks like leaking from gap between pump body and black plastic lid.

It happened after filled up petrol so maybe I did overfilled?

Is there anyone had same problem?

I had same fuel leak problem before.

Is this common problem for Cactus?

2015 1.2 non turbo Cactus

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Not common, you should never get a leak from this fitting. The black circular ring is made to compress a rubber seal when fitted correctly and usually needs an adapter to turn it effectively. It can be turned by various heath robinson temporay tools but as a first I would see if it will turn clockwise easilly which would indicate its not correctly fitted. If you are not confident doing this sort of thing then maybe AA , RAC etc if you are a member or take it to a suitable garage that you have confidence in

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not common, you should never get a leak from this fitting. The black circular ring is made to compress a rubber seal when fitted correctly and usually needs an adapter to turn it effectively. It can be turned by various heath robinson temporay tools but as a first I would see if it will turn clockwise easilly which would indicate its not correctly fitted. If you are not confident doing this sort of thing then maybe AA , RAC etc if you are a member or take it to a suitable garage that you have confidence in
Thank you for reply. I tried to turn it myself but it was too tight so couldn't turn it. I will take the car back to garage and ask them about rubber seal. Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts