Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone,
so I am wondering, what is the real fuel tank capacity for 1.2 60kw petrol. manual is saying something about approximately 50 liters (yea I know a lot of English people in here, so if you can do the math on your own will appreciate it), however, the best I managed to tank so far was 44.88l - fuel icon blinking, fuel status bar all empty, autonomy info not available - under 30 kilometers
I saw somewhere written that the diesel version gets 45 liter tank, but I am starting to think 45 is the deal with the petrol as well.
any thoughts?
thank you

G

·
I have the Petrol 81kw (110 turbo). Seems like 50 litres tank capacity to me. That includes about 5 litres once the warning light comes on, according to the handbook (p 150)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Indeed, at the point your car indicates that it is completely empty you still have about 5L left.

·
Registered
79 Posts
And also from my air force days you have to consider specific gravity, ulage and the outside air temps that can cause the fuel to have more or less capacity but reads more and can be heavier or lighter :)

Tony

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FrankBullitt said:
Indeed, at the point your car indicates that it is completely empty you still have about 5L left.
is it safe to test it out and try to drain those 5l down to zero to see the real capacity? (with 2l bottle full of petrol on passenger's seat :p)

·
Registered
735 Posts
eriqq1 said:
is it safe to test it out and try to drain those 5l down to zero to see the real capacity? (with 2l bottle full of petrol on passenger's seat :p)
I think it's highly unadvisable; problems with dregs in fuel and air locks. All 'experts' advise not allowing tank to go below 25% and low fuel indicator will carry on audibly! And anyway why do you want to know when miles to refuel is calculated for you? :(

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I was just wondering if this is some kind of an error (45l vs 50l) and knowing it is not, if I can count on those 5l backdoor if really needed at some point in time.
Thank you!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I drove my petrol for a good 10 miles after the "miles to fill up" stopped indicating (incidentally mine seems to go to 18miles and then stops info) the fuel light was flashing with no segments left on the digital guage.

I stopped to fill up as the wife was getting worried and struggled to get more than 45ltrs in!

I guess when you think about it though 5litres is going to get you 50 miles or more ish driving carefully.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Last time I filled up, the warning light had come on the previous day. I always fill to the second click on the filler gun, and it took 39.53ltr.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Mrsstuzilla said:
As a girl my main question is ... Does it matter? :lol:
Yep I'm with you on this one. After there isn't a guage on the screenwasher bottle :roll:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Mrsstuzilla said:
cactusjack said:
Mrsstuzilla said:
As a girl my main question is ... Does it matter? :lol:
Yep I'm with you on this one. After there isn't a guage on the screenwasher bottle :roll:
Major flaw, that. :lol:
Its shocking, ah well, I'll carry on putting a bit in when I've took a bit out. Its served me well for 40 odd years and never run out yet. :roll: lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
This seems like looking for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist, fuel gets low then put some more in - really?????

1 - 18 of 18 Posts