Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Apologies if this has been brought up before but I wondered if anyone else had come across this and resolved it. - When playing a continuous mix CD at home the music plays seamlessly as it does when imported and played through iTunes. I loaded a couple onto USB and imported into my Jukebox. When I play the file through Jukebox the system inserts a gap of a couple of seconds as it switches from the end of one track to the beginning of the next. I think its to do with the way the player recognises the names of tracks and sorts itself out to play the next one, something to do with the MP3 ID Tag embedded in the MP3 file. I know that I can convert a mix CD to one continuous MP3 file but this will lose all the MP3 ID Tags that enable you to identify and move to individual tracks should I want to.....any thoughts please....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well after some research it seems I can't find software to convert individual MP3 files to play gapless, the software in the media centre seems to insert the gap because of the way MP3's are constructed, still looking though!!...I solved it by streaming the music from my iPhone and it plays without the gaps, so no more annoying pauses/gaps in continuous MP3 files....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi,
I feel your pain Johnny, I've had the same issue, I seem to get a second knocked off the end of the track, and then a second of silence. This is obviously an issue with the software running the player, the only hope may be an update to rectify this. Like you said, the only way round it is to rip a CD as one track, which I've done and it works ok, but you lose the tag info on each track :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts