Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm just about to order my Cactus and are wondering if the glass roof is good to have?

My current car (ooold Mazda 626) have normal roof and sometimes on long drives, the kids on the backseat have problems seeing LCD-screens like on iPad etc. when the sun is shining high and bright. So, I was thinking if this is gonna be a problem with the glass roof?

Also, why having the glass roof anyway? What's the idea? I mean; what do you guys like about it?

As my budget is only allowing me to choose one of two options (leather interior or glass roof) it's hard to decide :)

Any recommandations?

Thanks in advance for any comment.

/Nick

·
Registered
47 Posts
I test drove a second hand Cactus without the sun roof and concluded it was a bit dark in the back for kids.

The rear sides are tinted which is the cause. The Cactus I ended up buying has the pano roof and I think it makes it
much more pleasant in the back for kids. Its tinted as well to reflect the heat and it seems to do a good job.

Not that there are huge number of sunny days here in Scotland :)

I cant comment on the leather, as mine has the default fabric, which seems OK to me.

Cheers,
Dave

·
Registered
644 Posts
I love the pano roof. Makes the interior so light and airy. Have only sat in the back once but loved it. Am mostly in the passenger seat. :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Youre probably more likely to find a showroom model with the glass roof than one with a leather interior, so my suggestion would be go look at one and see whether you think its worth it over a leather interior. Have to say that I went with the glass roof as a "must have" item, even though Im going to be the only driver of it so will get least use out of it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems like many have the glass roof - and not many have chosen leather interior.
I see that Citroen makes a official sun shade for the glass roof - have any of you tried that?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BTW: Aren't the glass roof making the noise level indside the car higher? I mean, the normal roof with fabric on the inside must act like noise reduction to some degree.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Well I didn't choose the pano roof for my Flair. We don't have to worry about kids in the back seat and having a pano roof on my Peugeot 207 SW runaround I know what I missing (or not).

Clearly you like to keep your cars a long time so perhaps go for the leather as the luxury feel will remain. I'm assuming you are ordering the top-end Flair and your budget doesn't extend that little further to have both.

·
Registered
47 Posts
To deviate from the topic slightly, anyone paying anything close to list price for a new Cactus must be nuts (No offence Nick :) ).
There are so many vehicles out there with only a few thousand miles on the clock that are dramatically cheaper.

Looking Motorpoint there are 10 flair spec models all around 5000 miles at 11999 a go.

When I bought mine in October the dealers were matching these supermarket prices.
I don't think they are selling many new ones at full price.

Dave

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I get your point, Dave, but I have never bought a car from completely new - and now I have the chance to be the first to make a scratch or bump (... oh, the Cactus can't be bumped...) and be the first to hang a Wunderbaum in the front window :)

Here in DK we pay 180 percent of the car as extra tax, and all upgrades are included in the extra tax, so the glass roof costs around 900 pounds extra. The leather upgrade costs around 1500 pounds. So the budget dosn't stretch to both...

Actually, the model I'm putting an order for is the Flair BlueHDi 100 S&S with the packs for rear camera, rear sensor, auto lights and auto vipers. My upgrades are trailer hook (or whatever that's in english) + rubber matts for inside and trunk + wind shields for side windows + upgrade to Habana brown interior and split back seat + either further upgrading toleather OR the glass roof.

It's really hard to decide :)

·
Registered
735 Posts
I decided against leather as being lightweights we didn't want to slide around too much :(
I went for the panorama glass to enlighten the inside and reduce a closed in feeling :)
Because the way the glass is neatly blended into the roof I thought blinds would be cumbersome although I have not seen any :(

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
We had no choice but I certainly would not have leather. I have no idea why some like it so much... I have had it in the past and hated it. Freezing when you first get in, in the winter and so hot it sticks to you're legs with shorts on in the summer.... We had a towel in the car for really hot days to put under our legs

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
644 Posts
JohnYoung said:
We had no choice but I certainly would not have leather. I have no idea why some like it so much... I have had it in the past and hated it. Freezing when you first get in, in the winter and so hot it sticks to you're legs with shorts on in the summer.... We had a towel in the car for really hot days to put under our legs
Yes I'm not a fan of leather interiors either. Plus I feel sorry for the poor animal providing the product! I'm not vegetarian but just feel it's an unnecessary accessory! :lol:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks to all you that have answered! I have dropped the idea of leather and will go for the glass roof :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I chose the panorama roof as well, and skipped the leather - for the same reason as above (leather cold in winter and hot in summer).

I went for the "Shine" specs, and I think everything but leather and park assist (still can't remember last time i parallel parked), and being a fellow dane I can tell You, that 10% discount apx. is quite possible for that.....

Had mine for almost a year now, and I still have NO regrets. I even think the small 82 hp. petrol engine does a nice job combined with the otherwise not popular E5G gearbox (semi auto).

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sure Thomas, I ordered with panorama roof and also the extra sun shades for the roof. Actually, my dealer gave me a good discount (approx 14 %), so I'm quite happy :)

Now, it's just that damn waiting... around 8 weeks they say...

·
Registered
55 Posts
They told me 6....i waited 10 !!!

The wait is a bitch.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts