Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my shiny new car Wednesday :-

I've been a bit busy since I got it, so have only done about 80 miles. I am very happy with it so far, the engine is definitely quieter than my old C4 and the ETG gearbox seems smoother than the old EGS as well.

There doesn't seem to have been any compromise in the performance of the 1.6 diesel engine for the increased efficiency, I am perfectly confident it has overtaking ability, if and when required.

I have ordered the wind deflectors, as water still gets in a partially opened window far too easily (a common problem since roof gutters were no longer fitted to cars) and I've also ordered the transverse roof bars, not for any particular reason but, better to have them for when they may be needed, than need them and not have them!

The car is nice to drive, it feels light and easy going. The ride is smooth and definitely quite a calming experience, perfect for enhancing the expected fuel and money saving results.

One thing has become clear though, as has been commented on elsewhere in the forum, the left foot rest is, for me at 6 foot tall, far too large and obtrusive, leaving no room to allow me to stretch my left leg. I will experiment with seat and steering wheel adjustments to see if I can get a combination that will satisfy, i'll update another day.

I know the hinged rear windows are a bit of a point of contention but I think that on a positive note, they do enhance the look of the rear quarter of the car rather, with all the glass being external.

The stop / start system is a new thing for me, I marvel every time the engine re-starts at the lights, without any of the usual starter motor sounds, I guess it won't be long before I cease to notice it and just take it for granted that it's saving me money.

There are little niggly things that i've noticed, like the non one-touch auto closing front windows, the lack of rear seat lighting and the front centre arm rest without any storage but they are minor and i'm sure they will fade into insignificance in the grand scale of things.

I hope the picture has come out ok, for now, I wish all those who are waiting, the shortest possible delay.

Cheers, Chris.

Attachments

G

·
That really does look nice. Glad to know on the whole it comes up to your expectation.

I ordered my Flair last week the petrol ETG in Shark Grey with black air-bumps, panoramic sunroof and a few other extras. My old C4 vtr+ is just coming up to 10 years old and this will be my first automatic. I must say I was impressed with the gearbox on my test drive.

Any LED Mood Lighting that seems to be missing from the stated specification?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah yes, that mythical beast, the mood lighting. Apparently an error in the specification, never to be seen in a Cactus, as are the disc rear brakes.

I have done a few more miles since my last post and am already averaging 70mpg, so i'm well happy with that, it should improve as the engine runs in too.

I hope you don't have to wait too long for your car, i'm sure you will be as happy with it as I am with mine.

G

·
Zippy said:
I hope you don't have to wait too long for your car, i'm sure you will be as happy with it as I am with mine.
I ordered mine on the 4th and the dealer phoned me on the 10th to say that Citroen had given him a date of 14th March for completion. He said to allow 14 days for it to get over here and be prepped and was quite confident that I will have it by the end of March, so fingers crossed. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts