Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what or which antenna the GPS uses on the Cactus? I wish to remove the long stick antenna and fit a sharks fin type.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If it is anything like other citroens, it is in the base, the bit that doesn't unscrew. So if to fit your sharkfin, you unscrew the stick and it just slips over the top you'll be OK.

·
Registered
725 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
It was more an example. I was querying where the dab aerial was located. I.e is it a part of the main aerial.

Most added extras are held on with double sided tape wing mirror covers, candle covers, etc etc.

·
Registered
725 Posts
You may be right about the way added extras are attached. But it's not something I would ever consider. It must degrade over time.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nope. It's amazing how much car stuff is attached with this by the manufacturer. How do u think the badges are attached??

·
Registered
644 Posts
The2ems said:
Azreal1983 said:
I found this one. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=331609831470

It says fm/am only. Will this destroy the dab radio part ?
If it says Fm/am only, then I would have thought it was obvious that you wouldn't be able to receive dab radio signals. And why on earth would you want to spoil your nice Cactus by sticking something to it with double sided tape?
Agreed! I can't believe the amount of people wanting to modify such a nice looking car by sticking crap all over it. ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[attachment=0]20150819_124633.jpg[/attachment

Decided not to fit a sharks fin type, fitted a short stub, i think this looks much better than the long wire type.

Attachments

·
Registered
725 Posts
gilera said:
[attachment=0]20150819_124633.jpg[/attachment

Decided not to fit a sharks fin type, fitted a short stub, i think this looks much better than the long wire type.
I'm glad you saw some sense. That one looks quite nice. Do you get good DAB reception?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Citroën should have built the aerial into the roof rails :(

·
Registered
725 Posts
Cactus4us said:
Not sure that would be practical. You can have the car without the roof rails.

·
Registered
735 Posts
The2ems said:
Cactus4us said:
Agreed but no roof rails you get the ordinary one?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Cactus4us said:
The2ems said:
Cactus4us said:
Agreed but no roof rails you get the ordinary one?
Surely that would be a whole different pressing.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I'm beginning to loose track with this thread and going off the rails ;)

·
Registered
626 Posts
I've tried a short stubby aerial in place of the OEM one as it gets caught on the garage door.

The DAB still works although the reliability of the reception reduces...i.e you do tend to get a bit of cutting out when along side articulated lorries and double decker buses!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts