Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Behold My Car arrived Friday!!!!!! :lol: After all the different dates it was only a week late instead of a month.
And to be honest it was worth the wait, it is absolutely brilliant :D

I had a delivery date of 24th July and checked with the dealer last week who said all was on target.
I've now been told it wont be until the 21st August!
I had organised everything around that date and now have to change things around as apparently it is on the boat but the boat takes 17 days to come from Madrid to the UK!!! strange when a container ship does it in 7.
Am I being told a load of porkies by the dealer and strung along as I'm close to cancelling it.
I love the car but hate to be messed around.

On order Polar White Flair with Black 82 S/S ETG

Classic Ade

·
Registered
129 Posts
I think you were a bit optimistic clinging to a delivery date given by a foreign car builder, it is custom built to your spec after all and any number of things could delay it. It's not like its from Amazon! I doubt you can cancel without paying a penalty, or unless it's very late (is there a date on your contract?).

My spec is the same as yours, hoping for mine early Sept but who knows? ;)

·
Registered
735 Posts
I had a call on Monday from my dealer pushing back my date from beginning of September to end :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Rattlegun, I am more annoyed with the dealer who gave me false info when I checked the original delivery date.
Clearly I know its not from Amazon and there could be delays but the dealer should have checked.

Hope yours comes through okay.

·
Registered
735 Posts
@ classicade

·
Registered
725 Posts
When I ordered mine I was told 8 to 12 weeks. 12 weeks would have put it mid August. I picked it up today.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Don't forget that the plant shuts down for most of Aug for summer shut down which might explain the delivery delay...

·
Registered
735 Posts
I didn't think cactus plants dried up in the summer :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mine was 3 weeks late from the initial quoted date, but was then delivered 4 weeks earlier than a revised date. Think the factory must run out of certain bits occasionally.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts