Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

Happy to report a great car - if you haven't got yours yet. Engine very nice, great sound, quite nippy. Haven't pushed it too much as just 30 miles on the clock.

Only minor negatives:

* Rear view camera doesn't work too well in low light - get bit of interference on the screen, can only just make out car behind - not as good as my Toyota Prius. Nice to have the bleepers though, which my Prius didn't have - to my cost!

* On the sat nav (British Accent) the word 'right' is slightly distorted on 'ht'. Not sure if original recording or sound system. Less noticeable if music on, which we fades down when she's speaking. It's oddly irritating, perhaps I'll get used to it.

Really like the speed limiter function. Very useful for keeping your license and you don't need to keep watching the speed readout. Doesn't work though if you are going down a steep hill!

Some of the negatives I was expecting, but turned out not to be a problem: Gears and gear changes are fine. I guess the touch screen could be quicker, but I didn't find it irritating to use.

Pleased it came with cactus branded mats.

Cheers everybody.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sounds fantastic. I can't wait to get mine in a couple of weeks. I've read a few people mention the reversing camera in low light situations,but I was thinking that if I find it a gripe, to swap out the reversing light bulb with a more powerful led variant. Could be worth a shot.
Some guy on the Spanish cactus forums swapped out his main bulbs, signal lights and brake lights with led bulbs with no issues, but he did stick to the right bulb substitutions.

Just a couple a question if possible, because I can't find anything online about it :

What on earth is the interior mood lighting?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I want to know the answer to that as well. It is clearly stated in the brochure as one of the features of the Flair model, but nothing I can find in the owners handbook or in the car. !!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was also expecting to get the mood lighting with my blue hdi 100 flair. But I read somewhere you only get it if you have the assisted parking stuff

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
80 Posts
I ordered the parking assist pack, so I'll keep my eye out for it and post a description and pics when it arrives in a couple of weeks, hopefully.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Another question is, what on earth has interior mood lighting got to do with parking assist. There is no possible connection with the two, I hope there aren't any more false descriptions !!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.