Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm in need of a hand.
Long story short, some idiot bed into my front bumper whilst I was parked at a supermarket and seems like the plastic wheel arch trim came loose. I tool it to my local stearlership and they refuse to touch it unless I take it in for I quote 'a new headlamp set, new front bumper and full check.' to the tune of 600 squid, plus parts and labour. Naff off.
Took it to a local trusted mechanic and told be there's nothing wrong with it, just plastic snapping back into place and a headlamp re aim. Thing is, I need someone to take a pic of the headlamp pattern against a wall whilst sitting in the drivers seat. A drivers view, if you will. That way I can aim the height and beam spread.
Thanks in advance.!

·
Registered
626 Posts
See attached.

Its not brilliant as when I took it I wasnt taking it with the intention of focusing on the headlamp aim (it was for all the silicone smears on the windscreen that some "decent" Shampoo left me to deal with!)

Gas Tints and shades Wood Rectangle Cylinder

If the headlamp housing looks intact then check alignment at anywhere that can do an MOT. If you are really worried about it I'd personally find another dealer and get a second opinion.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks buddy, you're a life saver. Am I correct in assuming you're RHD, hence the slight upward spike on the drivers headlamp? Otherwise, it's a pretty standard straight line it seems. I take it the beam is in line with the bonnet, I. E. Not above the bonnet line, correct? Unfortunately the other stealership is worse and our mot centre here where I live (Gibraltar) doesn't work like in UK. They point out the fault and it's up to you to fix. I'll be taking it to a local garage and getting them realigned :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
The beam pattern is extremely soft I've found, a nice even light all over and spreads quite far to the left. If it's like the above it's prob fine. If the headlight housing is still fitting snuggly in its adjoining panels then I can't see why there'd be a problem.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Decepticus said:
Thanks buddy, you're a life saver. Am I correct in assuming you're RHD, hence the slight upward spike on the drivers headlamp? Otherwise, it's a pretty standard straight line it seems. I take it the beam is in line with the bonnet, I. E. Not above the bonnet line, correct?
Yes its RHD. To be honest I think the upward "spike" is there as a a reflection/refraciton of the garage door panel pattern. IIRC the beam is pretty flat right across the top of the spread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.