Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Just trying to work out if it is possible to add / retrofit heated wing mirrors to my 2017 1.6D blue

I have found some cheap mirrors that have the wiring and the heated glass but trying to work out what else might be needed

Fuse 30 in fuse box 2 I can see is for the heated mirrors, mine doesnt have that, just wondering what else might be needed or even maybe coded

I will need to take a door card off to see what the score is with the wiring in there

Any help on wiring diagram would be amazing

Cheers

BigDave
Cwmbran

·
Super Moderator
274 Posts
I guess the easiest route would be to find a written off Flair Edition and salvage the parts from that (which is what you may have done already rather that trying to fit mirrors from a Mercedes :)) - as far as I can remember the mirrors just operate when you put on the rear screen demister to presumably the loom just connects to that.

Given the budget nature of these cars is there a chance the wiring loom is the same on all and you simply just need the actual mirror units? One wire out out with a plug on for non-heated, two out for heated?

Maybe I'm over simplifying things and giving Citroen too much credit but as you say maybe taking a door card off would reveal the spare plug sat there waiting?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeap I will get the door card off and see what's there, also I can measure both sides of the empty slot on F30 on small fuse board to see if there is any voltage on there when rear window is switch on and also when it is switched off, also an idea is to take a look behind the small fuse board to see if it is wired up in any way on F30

I will let you know, hopefully the door card comes off easily and I don't break too many door clips

Why did you mention Mercedes mirrors, have you already tried this retrofit??

·
Super Moderator
274 Posts
I just mentioned Mercedes ones as it wasn't clear if you were going wild and fitting non-Citroen heated mirrors or if you'd got some off another Cactus.

Good luck with those door clips!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I took the panel off to reveal the small fuse board, thought I would meter out the empty fuse slot to see if it has power on the connectors when heated rear window goes on, F30 doesn't even have fuse connectors in it, its all empty behind it

Think this retrofit is a non starter, too much hassle, might just buy them see through stickers you can put on mirrors to stop moisture forming and freezing

·
Super Moderator
274 Posts
Argh, that's annoying, I was hoping you'd just have a nice easy plug and play experience.

RainX always used to work well for me on the mirrors, in the event of a really heavy frost you could just slide the sheet of ice off if it had managed to form in the first place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.