Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Had my Flair 1.6etg delivered yesterday - very impressed so far! My initial thoughts:

Good:

Hello Yellow looks amazing - people really do stop and look
The design is fantastic (anyone on these forums not agree? :))
Lots of room in comparison to my old 3 series
The robot gearbox shifts perfectly, most of the time
The sound system sounds excellent
The ride and handling are far better than I reasonably thought
Engine noise is limited, more noise from the road on the move
Fuel economy so far looks to be what I hoped (will update this, as I do ~400 miles p/w)
Panoramic roof is a bargain
Way more room than I expected

Bad:

The touchscreen is very slow to use compared to even a cheapo tablet
Don't expect anything as good as Google maps/TomTom if you get the SatNav. It's functional though
Central locking doesn't extend to the filler cap
ETG gearbox + stop start + hilly area I live in = regular leaps of faith at the traffic lights

Overall...I am so pleased with it. My good lady and the kids love it too. Happy motoring ahead I think!

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
I found I use the handbrake to hold the car as etg is nothing like an auto box and the s/s was frustrating me... Took me a couple of weeks to get the hang of! Cool handbrake to use though! :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
I cannot understand why the Stop-Start doesn't operate when you put the handbrake on... One of my pet hates is sitting behind someone whose brake lights are on at a junction (in the dark). It is annoying to constantly hold the broke pedal down.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The system does work with the handbrake on you just put the car in neutral. Putting the car back in gear starts the engine again. This is better than my last C4 as the handbrake always by-passed the stop/start. Car in front stopped with brake lights on is also a pet hate of mine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've noticed it's very quick to turn off 'eco' mode on the touchscreen, so I guess I'll be using that fairly frequently. In an Astra I had before, I used to turn it off in slow moving traffic, but it was a lot of clicks to get there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts