Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a proud Cactus driver a couple of months and 12000 km (7500 miles). This is my best car ever! I have had several C4-models, Xantias and also a 2CV. This 2CV I have still in my carage.

My Cactus is Hdi92 ETG6 Shine (almost the same as Flair in the UK) with Pearl White color, Chocolate airbumps, Habana leather interior, panorama roof and park assist.

Everything has worked well in my car so far. But I will tell you all good and bad news in the future. Just now we have here in Finland wet and muddy roads, but it has also been -25 C degrees and a lot snow in this winter. In my opinion Cactus is a very good winter car. Starts in cold weather is no problem, heater in good and driving in snowy and slipery roads is safe and easy.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I was wondering how well it would handle in the snow because of its light weight. Do you have special snow tyres?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have here two kind of winter tyres: friction tyres and spike tyres. Our law requires to use winter tyres. I have the friction ones.

My previous car was year model 2013 C4 Hdi92, which is about 200 kg hevier than Cactus. But suprisingly Cactus is better to drive for example in the snowy countryroads ot slushy motorways. It is like a train in bad snow conditions. The traction on the ice is also better with cactus than with C4.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi do you have to have the tyres taken off and winter ones fitted then in reverse every year if so the alloys take a bit of a bashing, just interested to know.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome Topi,

congrats to your Cactus. Interesting to hear from a expert that the Cactus is that good on snow and slippery tracks. I'll get my Cactus, a 110 e-THP Shine, tomorrow and hope, the weatherforecast won't come true with sqalls and snow. But good to know, the Cactus is good at those conditions. ;-)

Regards

Scrootch

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for your interest in Cactus and winter!

The winter tyres and alloy wheels is not a problem, because we have two sets of wheels+tyres: one set for winter and another set for summer. So, we don´t change the tyres on the wheels two times a year. Most people have a jack and a wrech at home to change the wheels.

By the way, in february our local car magazine issues a large winter car test, which is driven in Lapland. Cactus e-Vti82 is one of the cars in the test. I will tell you next month, how Cactus managed.

Safe drive with your Cactus everyone, have you winter or not!

·
Registered
15 Posts
The same as we practice it here in Germany - normally. Two sets of tyres on two sets of rims. The Cactus is the first car I use alloy rims for my winter tyres.

The test of your local car magazine would be interesting. Have you a link to the magazine?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello again!

The magazine with the big winter test is called Tekniikan Maailma (=The World of Technology) www.tekniikanmaailma.fi . The winter test is published in the number issued in 11.2.2015. You can read a short summary of the articles (unfortunately in Finnish) free in the internet, but the whole tests must be paid or they are free only for the subscribers of the printed magazine.

But I can try to write a short summary in English to Cactusforums.

And Scrootch, have good journeys with your brand new Cactus. Do you like it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.