Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For most of my life I have bought Citroen cars. I have a three year old C3 Picasso Exclusive that I am very happy with. I normally change every three years. I've been contacted by my local dealer who is trying to get me to go for a Cactus flair with a PURETECH 82 auto petrol engine. This spec is the nearest to my C3 Picasso. The deal he has offered me is not exactly massively attractive. I need advice from existing owners based on their own experiences please.

Are they pleased overall with the car?
How do they rate the auto gearbox? I have the auto in the C3 Picasso and am quite pleased with it.
How do they rate the digital control panel for functions such as heating and radio.
How do they rate the eMyway sat nav? I have an older version in the C3Picasso and quite frankly it's pants. No "Home" selection, no updates after three years, I have to put up with three screens of safety warnings every time I enter a destination, and no full postcode for UK address.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I haven't got that particular model but can speak for the sat nav. Once I found out that you put the postcode in the city box it's been fine! Not had a problem. The touch screen is really good BUT sometimes can be too distracting to access certain functions when driving that used to be easily a changed with a single button press in cars we've had before.

Delighted overall with the car. Only niggle I can think of is the (lack of) sensitivity of the front parking sensors.

G

·
I have the 82 with ETG5. Overall the gearbox is fine and the changes really smooth. My only slight niggle is the creep function, it can be a bit jumpy especially on inclines, so I normally let the vehicle in-front to pull away a bit and just use the accelerator.

As Claire said the sat-nav and touch screen are fine. You just put the 7 digit postcode in the city box and away you go. The touch screen just takes a little getting used to but again is fine.

Also the performance is more than adequate unless your a boy racer.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mrsstuzilla said:
I haven't got that particular model but can speak for the sat nav. Once I found out that you put the postcode in the city box it's been fine! Not had a problem. The touch screen is really good BUT sometimes can be too distracting to access certain functions when driving that used to be easily a changed with a single button press in cars we've had before.

Delighted overall with the car. Only niggle I can think of is the (lack of) sensitivity of the front parking sensors.
Thanks Claire! I didn't realise it had front parking sensors. Does it have rear sensors as well as the rear camera?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Keith said:
I have the 82 with ETG5. Overall the gearbox is fine and the changes really smooth. My only slight niggle is the creep function, it can be a bit jumpy especially on inclines, so I normally let the vehicle in-front to pull away a bit and just use the accelerator.

As Claire said the sat-nav and touch screen are fine. You just put the 7 digit postcode in the city box and away you go. The touch screen just takes a little getting used to but again is fine.

Also the performance is more than adequate unless your a boy racer.
Thanks Keith! I read somewhere that you are entitled to three years free sat nav updates. Do you have any information on that?

·
Registered
644 Posts
fixerman said:
Mrsstuzilla said:

Thanks Claire! I didn't realise it had front parking sensors. Does it have rear sensors as well as the rear camera?
Yes it has those too. The parking camera is brilliant. Reversing into a parking space in a car park has never been so easy! :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have this model. It does not have front parking sensors as standard. They may be a optional extra. I do not find the creep function to be jerky but it is helpful when parking in tight spaces. I do have the rear parking camera and it is great. I do not have the Citroen sat nav and the control panel is a bit clumsy to use. Overall performance is adequate, the car drives smoothly and I love it.

·
Registered
644 Posts
If you're choosing extras I would def go for the glass roof. It's brilliant. Also maybe the hifi pack that has extra speakers and an arkamys amplifier? The sound is excellent. We keep a few loaded memory sticks in the glove box and have been really impressed.

G

·
Angus said:
I do not find the creep function to be jerky but it is helpful when parking in tight spaces.
Perhaps I should get mine checked out. Other than that it's silky smooth.

fixerman said:
Thanks Keith! I read somewhere that you are entitled to three years free sat nav updates. Do you have any information on that?
I am not aware of that, all I got was 3 years free servicing.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Fixerman,

If you haven't done so already ask for an extended loan of your dealers demonstrator. I had 2 goes, 30 minutes got me interested, the second was for 4 hours and gave me the opportunity to play with all the kit, take it on the motorway and up and down a few hills. That really helped my decision to order.

Steve

·
Registered
32 Posts
had mine for 6 moths and absolutely love it ,, I have the 110 manual and its a good drive but before buying I had a test drive of the auto and did not like the the auto box at all .. found there was a long pause in gear change .. other than that I say take the plunge and get one .. you're love it.. :) :) :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.