Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am thinking of getting an OBD to blutooth adaptor and torque pro so as to get a rev counter, water and oil temp readout. Anyone tried this yet?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have now got the blutooth OBD adapter. Have had a quick play and everything works fine. The only thing is that the the body panel covering the fuse panel and the OBD socket is a very close fit so have ordered an extension lead for the socket and will probably run it into the glove box to make it easy to unplug. Will post pictures of the set up both on a tablet and my phone. With the tablet I can mount it in front of the Cactus screen and my phone to the right hand side of the speed display. ( covers the ' nanny state' gear change indicator, RESULT!!!). :D :D :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bought the adapter on Amazon still waiting on delivery of the extension lead so I can fit it with the body panel on. Been playing with torque pro and very good, the dial editors a bit of a bitch though. Hopefully the screen shot will upload OK. Speedometer Odometer Gauge Automotive lighting Trip computer was

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh another point is there is a HUD option on torque pro. Haven't tried it yet but as the windscreen reflections on the Cactus are fairly apparent, it could look pretty cool.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Model number not important, as long as it supports all OBD protocols to ELM327. The one I chose just had the best reviews.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, I've been looking around for a fairly straightforward method to be able to see a tachometer, water temperature etc and struggled until I found this thread which looks interesting. I have threaded wires etc through older cars to retro fit a tacho and other gauges but not done this for years with the more modern cars, so this option looks good so I wondered if anyone could answer my newbie questions please.

I have an iPhone 6 and have looked for apps and found, well quite a few, and the OBD thingy's etc and wondered if you Adinet was using android for your setup? I tried to find the Power2 above but couldn't but did find quite a few more. I'm picking up from the thread and various write ups that you just plug it into a port under the steering wheel and connect by Bluetooth to your phone? Would this interfere with the phone Bluetooth connection for making calls?

Torque Pro has been mentioned but couldn't find it in the App store, is this an android App?

Has anyone else tried it and what setup did you use?

I have the Cactus 4 diesel mechanical auto.

Thanks in advance, much appreciated!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi, yes I believe torque pro is an android app. There must be an apple equivalent though. The OBD Socket on right hand drive UK cars is behind the panel underneath the glove box on the passenger side. You def need an extension lead if you need to put the panel back on. As regards interference when making a phone call via blutooth, I use a nexus 7 tablet as a dedicated blutooth connection to the OBD blutooth extended. Usually the tablet on top of the dashboard in heads up display mode reflecting onto the windscreen. My android phone linked to the cars blutooth separately . hope this helps.

·
Registered
57 Posts
One thing to note is that Apple prevent apps from having low level access to the Bluetooth driver in iPhones. This means the cheap Bluetooth OBD dongles will not work with Apple devices.
Instead you need to use a more expensive WiFi or Bluetooth Low Energy OBD dongle. See the information on this page: http://www.outdoor-apps.com/enginelink.html

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Thanks for this, very helpful. just trying now to find and decide on whether I use an adapter that is bluetooth or wireless, so many about and some confusing feedback. I'm worried that if i use it via bluetooth or wireless it will interfere with my phones call function with the car....Anyway If you can recall where did you get your extension lead from please...Thanks...

·
Registered
18 Posts
oops! Just seen Evilpaul's comment, thanks for that, I did find it after much googling and linking, could have saved myself some time if I had read to the end of the posts!!!.....Thanks anyway....

·
Registered
19 Posts
DashCmd is available for Apple phones. It costs about 10 pounds. It can do anything.

With some brute force and a screwdriver, you can press loose the OBD plug in the car, so that you can push it back and leave your OBD dongle, while still being able to fit your cover.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sveinn said:
DashCmd is available for Apple phones. It costs about 10 pounds. It can do anything.

With some brute force and a screwdriver, you can press loose the OBD plug in the car, so that you can push it back and leave your OBD dongle, while still being able to fit your cover.
Is it the "DashCommand - OBD-II gauge dash"?

·
Registered
19 Posts
tfaerch said:
Sveinn said:

Is it the "DashCommand - OBD-II gauge dash"?
DashCommand is both a gauge dash and a OBD fault code reader and resetter. You can define your own gauges and range for each of them. There is room for some serious nerding.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Does anyone know of any non -HUD LED rev light strips that are OBD-II compatible and would look ok on the dash, thinking red to match.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Another one you can use is dash command. It's a lot more detailed with a better interface. Works the same way with any obd reader...i use wireless to allow Bluetooth to work with telephone/music.

Dash command is available for both android and iOS. I've used this for a couple of years on all my cars...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts