Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new member on here. Bought my Cactus 1.6 E-HDI (SHINE) ETG here in Spain, hence the level standard (Shine). I had a similar problem to others that I have read on this forum, that being a vibration/noise at certain revs/speeds. I have had it back to the dealer several times and they have had mechanics from Madrid visiting trying to solve the problem. Well, last week my local dealer solved it YIPPEE!, and for all others that suffer it is a simple problem to solve. There are silver air-con pipes that run around the right hand corner of the engine compartment towards the dashboard and it is these that vibrate against the car inner engine compartment at certain revs. The mechanic slightly adjusted the pipe work and hey presto noise/ vibration free.
Just thought I would share this with my Cacti comrades.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi Glad you have it sorted No problem with mine I have had since March. Great Car Runs well and is admired.1.6 HDI Blue SS Flair Edition

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Lenny
I started this thread and never found the answer to the problem. I am also in Spain and have no other problems with the car, 2 years old next month,same model as yours, 2 trips to the UK and no problems and great economy. I have put Some foam padding between the air con pipes and the engine mounting block and will see what happens. I will post how I get on . Thanks for your info.

Regards
John

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fergie said:
Hi Lenny
I started this thread and never found the answer to the problem. I am also in Spain and have no other problems with the car, 2 years old next month,same model as yours, 2 trips to the UK and no problems and great economy. I have put Some foam padding between the air con pipes and the engine mounting block and will see what happens. I will post how I get on . Thanks for your info.

Regards
John
hi John, good luck with the padding, hope it works out.
Regards, Lenny

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Lenny
3 weeks now and not noticed the vibration. Will try to get a permanent solution in place any give the missus back her nylon scourer lol.

Thanks for the tip
John

·
Registered
590 Posts
Welcome Lenny

Glad you got the problem sorted and thanks for the tip

1 - 10 of 10 Posts