Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like quite a few here, I was happy to find these forums!

A little about me, enthusiast from Austria calling in. I loved the Cactus ever since I first saw it around the streets (a real stunner).
Half a year down the line I'm the proud owner of a purple BlueHDI 100 Shine (Seat heating, pano roof, nav, the whole shabang). My bank account is not too happy for it, though I most definitely am!
Here it is:

Forgive the god-awful picture, better ones will follow - this was the very first picture of it that I made, and I've only had the car for two weeks! I'll need to find a better spot and angle for my following attempts :lol:

As for the experience thusfar... absolutely love it. I'm a fairly new driver, so I only have 2 other cars to compare it to, but it drives a dream IMO. Love the easy going steering, the soft suspension, the digital, kind of minimalist readouts ...Great buy!
I have a 2 week touring trip in the mountains coming up soon and I simply cannot wait to truly take the Cactus for a spin. :cool:

I intended to pimp it a little by getting road bumpers for it such as the concept Cactus Aventure model had, found out they don't sell that part though, too bad, as I think those looked great. As it's already got all the features I need I'm a little bit unsure as to how else to "spoil" it but I'm certainly open to recommendations! I should get to it once my bank account recovers some. :lol:

Anyhow, enough about that. Glad to be here, I'll certainly be popping in regularly and keeping up with some of the great discussions here.
Cheers!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
472 Posts
Hi Maggie, nice intro and welcome to the club
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
472 Posts
Maggie said:
Like quite a few here, I was happy to find these forums!

A little about me, enthusiast from Austria calling in. I loved the Cactus ever since I first saw it around the streets (a real stunner).
Half a year down the line I'm the proud owner of a purple BlueHDI 100 Shine (Seat heating, pano roof, nav, the whole shabang). My bank account is not too happy for it, though I most definitely am!
Here it is:
http://postimg.org/image/3vckuo0qf/full/
Forgive the god-awful picture, better ones will follow - this was the very first picture of it that I made, and I've only had the car for two weeks! I'll need to find a better spot and angle for my following attempts :lol:

As for the experience thusfar... absolutely love it. I'm a fairly new driver, so I only have 2 other cars to compare it to, but it drives a dream IMO. Love the easy going steering, the soft suspension, the digital, kind of minimalist readouts ...Great buy!
I have a 2 week touring trip in the mountains coming up soon and I simply cannot wait to truly take the Cactus for a spin. :cool:

I intended to pimp it a little by getting road bumpers for it such as the concept Cactus Aventure model had, found out they don't sell that part though, too bad, as I think those looked great. As it's already got all the features I need I'm a little bit unsure as to how else to "spoil" it but I'm certainly open to recommendations! I should get to it once my bank account recovers some. :lol:

Anyhow, enough about that. Glad to be here, I'll certainly be popping in regularly and keeping up with some of the great discussions here.
Cheers!
You can post pics directly on here, yours appears to be plagued by spam ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cactusjack said:
You can post pics directly on here, yours appears to be plagued by spam ;)
Yeah, I saw. Thought I'd link anyway, never knew postimg was spammy. Not getting any, maybe that's because I'm using an adblocker.
Anyhow, I've changed it now. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
735 Posts
Congratulations on your excellent car choice ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JohnYoung said:
Welcome aboard...... :D

Can I ask about your wheel choice - are those steel wheels ?
Thank you :)
And yes, they are indeed. Standard Citroen winter ones - nothing special.

The summer ones for my car are the black aluminum stock look.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
Welcome Maggie.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,520 Posts
Maggie said:
JohnYoung said:
Welcome aboard...... :D

Can I ask about your wheel choice - are those steel wheels ?
Thank you :)
And yes, they are indeed. Standard Citroen winter ones - nothing special.

The summer ones for my car are the black aluminum stock look.
Ahh yes that makes sense - keep them good for Summer. Car looks nice though, Katie and I loved that colour but we eventually decided on black plus the cactus that was offered to us at a great deal was black to
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JohnYoung said:
Ahh yes that makes sense - keep them good for Summer. Car looks nice though, Katie and I loved that colour but we eventually decided on black plus the cactus that was offered to us at a great deal was black to
The black one's gorgeous too - I'm sure you two are enjoying it! Do you have the panoramic roof too? If so, how is it when the sun's out? Haven't gotten the chance to drive it around with a lot of sunshine going on yet (overcast rain and snow over here unfortunately since I bought the car!) If it's anything like other panoramic roofs I've witnessed in cars, it'll be great though. :D

It was a hard decision between white, yellow and this for me though. I made the final decision based on a great deal, too. List price for this car was 21K, got it for 16.5K plus a set of winter tires (came with the summer ones) for the trade-off of having 20K km on its clock. (That's negligible really, so the choice was a no-brainer). I wasn't going to spend more than 17K so it was a toss-up between white or yellow with less features or the purple with more power and pretty much every single feature that can be put into this car - I chose the latter! I could still get a re-paint for the saved money (know someone who does this kind of stuff) but I've fallen even harder for this color since I got it, so it's most certainly staying this way. :mrgreen:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,520 Posts
Maggie said:
JohnYoung said:
Ahh yes that makes sense - keep them good for Summer. Car looks nice though, Katie and I loved that colour but we eventually decided on black plus the cactus that was offered to us at a great deal was black to
The black one's gorgeous too - I'm sure you two are enjoying it! Do you have the panoramic roof too? If so, how is it when the sun's out? Haven't gotten the chance to drive it around with a lot of sunshine going on yet (overcast rain and snow over here unfortunately since I bought the car!) If it's anything like other panoramic roofs I've witnessed in cars, it'll be great though. :D

It was a hard decision between white, yellow and this for me though. I made the final decision based on a great deal, too. List price for this car was 21K, got it for 16.5K plus a set of winter tires (came with the summer ones) for the trade-off of having 20K km on its clock. (That's negligible really, so the choice was a no-brainer). I wasn't going to spend more than 17K so it was a toss-up between white or yellow with less features or the purple with more power and pretty much every single feature that can be put into this car - I chose the latter! I could still get a re-paint for the saved money (know someone who does this kind of stuff) but I've fallen even harder for this color since I got it, so it's most certainly staying this way. :mrgreen:
We don't have a panoramic roof but I understand its good in direct sun due to some clever coating on it

Well buying a car with 21K on the clock as you say is nothing and at least its been well run in as we drove ours so carefully for the first few thousand moles just to run it in and not cause any long term problems.

We have the 1.6 blue 100 like you and the top spec model but we don't have heated seats. Love the car though and might just be my favorite family car so far and I have had a lot. Just such a pleasure to drive and a nice place to be, I can happily sit in it and enjoy some music - sad eh :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Maggie said:
Like quite a few here, I was happy to find these forums!

A little about me, enthusiast from Austria calling in. I loved the Cactus ever since I first saw it around the streets (a real stunner).
Half a year down the line I'm the proud owner of a purple BlueHDI 100 Shine (Seat heating, pano roof, nav, the whole shabang). My bank account is not too happy for it, though I most definitely am!
Here it is:

Forgive the god-awful picture, better ones will follow - this was the very first picture of it that I made, and I've only had the car for two weeks! I'll need to find a better spot and angle for my following attempts :lol:

As for the experience thusfar... absolutely love it. I'm a fairly new driver, so I only have 2 other cars to compare it to, but it drives a dream IMO. Love the easy going steering, the soft suspension, the digital, kind of minimalist readouts ...Great buy!
I have a 2 week touring trip in the mountains coming up soon and I simply cannot wait to truly take the Cactus for a spin. :cool:

I intended to pimp it a little by getting road bumpers for it such as the concept Cactus Aventure model had, found out they don't sell that part though, too bad, as I think those looked great. As it's already got all the features I need I'm a little bit unsure as to how else to "spoil" it but I'm certainly open to recommendations! I should get to it once my bank account recovers some. :lol:

Anyhow, enough about that. Glad to be here, I'll certainly be popping in regularly and keeping up with some of the great discussions here.
Cheers!
As I always ask here, have you got the purple interior too? I would have ordered this combination if I could have seen the purple interior, but there seemed to be none in the UK so I went with the "boring" silver...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
JohnYoung said:
We don't have a panoramic roof but I understand its good in direct sun due to some clever coating on it

Well buying a car with 21K on the clock as you say is nothing and at least its been well run in as we drove ours so carefully for the first few thousand moles just to run it in and not cause any long term problems.

We have the 1.6 blue 100 like you and the top spec model but we don't have heated seats. Love the car though and might just be my favorite family car so far and I have had a lot. Just such a pleasure to drive and a nice place to be, I can happily sit in it and enjoy some music - sad eh :D
Indeed, It does do this nifty darkening thing. The seat heating really is a bit of an overkill feature anyway - I can see myself using it once or twice in the dead of winter (and we get pretty low temps over here) for fun, just because it's there. In milder climates I'd probably not use it at all.

Yes- it wasn't subjected to anything crazy, just driven around a little by potential Cactus buyers and then given a service when I purchased it. Well run in :lol:

And not at all sad..haha. In fact I have a USB stick with some of my favourite tunes ready to be plugged in to my Cactus. I'm the same though, I really enjoy just hanging out in the car. It's spaceous, and the interior is gorgeous. I don't feel wedged in or glued to the windscreen, it really does feel like i'm driving whilst on a sofa - Citroen weren't exaggerating there!
I have a kid planned within the next few years and I can already tell this will be a fantastic family car, too. It's amazing how much space there is inside of it, not at all what one might guess from looking at the exterior of it! One of the first things that struck me.

May I ask where you've been taking yours for a spin since you got it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Moro said:
As I always ask here, have you got the purple interior too? I would have ordered this combination if I could have seen the purple interior, but there seemed to be none in the UK so I went with the "boring" silver...
Hello and yes, it has the matching purple interior. (I should really take some more pictures already - maybe I'll get to it today) From what I can tell by looking at the pictures, the silver's nifty, too! They really did a good job with the lush interior all around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,520 Posts
Maggie said:
JohnYoung said:
We don't have a panoramic roof but I understand its good in direct sun due to some clever coating on it

Well buying a car with 21K on the clock as you say is nothing and at least its been well run in as we drove ours so carefully for the first few thousand moles just to run it in and not cause any long term problems.

We have the 1.6 blue 100 like you and the top spec model but we don't have heated seats. Love the car though and might just be my favorite family car so far and I have had a lot. Just such a pleasure to drive and a nice place to be, I can happily sit in it and enjoy some music - sad eh :D
Indeed, It does do this nifty darkening thing. The seat heating really is a bit of an overkill feature anyway - I can see myself using it once or twice in the dead of winter (and we get pretty low temps over here) for fun, just because it's there. In milder climates I'd probably not use it at all.

Yes- it wasn't subjected to anything crazy, just driven around a little by potential Cactus buyers and then given a service when I purchased it. Well run in :lol:

And not at all sad..haha. In fact I have a USB stick with some of my favourite tunes ready to be plugged in to my Cactus. I'm the same though, I really enjoy just hanging out in the car. It's spaceous, and the interior is gorgeous. I don't feel wedged in or glued to the windscreen, it really does feel like i'm driving whilst on a sofa - Citroen weren't exaggerating there!
I have a kid planned within the next few years and I can already tell this will be a fantastic family car, too. It's amazing how much space there is inside of it, not at all what one might guess from looking at the exterior of it! One of the first things that struck me.

May I ask where you've been taking yours for a spin since you got it?
We have two kids and they love it to, the big cubby holes in the back doors are great for my teenage daughter to fill full of her junk :roll: :lol: But also when I have had adults in the back they commented how comfy and roomy it was and because there is no window mechanism in the door and there is a cut out space there you can kind of spread out into that space to.

We have driven the car a lot but not that far yet. We have not been on any really long journeys probably around 100 miles is the most and that was a pleasure to and it was really windy at the time and for a light car which is quite tall it coped very well
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
JohnYoung said:
We have two kids and they love it to, the big cubby holes in the back doors are great for my teenage daughter to fill full of her junk :roll: :lol: But also when I have had adults in the back they commented how comfy and roomy it was and because there is no window mechanism in the door and there is a cut out space there you can kind of spread out into that space to.

We have driven the car a lot but not that far yet. We have not been on any really long journeys probably around 100 miles is the most and that was a pleasure to and it was really windy at the time and for a light car which is quite tall it coped very well
Nice. I have yet to have passengers in the back, but from my own back-seat "testing" it's roomier than the previous "family car" I drove around in. I really enjoy the roomy but still super sleek thing this car's got going on :cool:

I drove it out of Vienna and on the motorway today. We had moderate winds and I did notice quite a bit of being blown around at faster speeds. To be expected given the lightness of the car, nothing dramatic, though.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top