Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the Cactus does not have a CD player installed, I would like to know if I can connect my small external computer CD player through the car's USB connection or through the bluetooth. (I could keep it in the glove box).

·
Registered
328 Posts
Jaadler said:
As the Cactus does not have a CD player installed, I would like to know if I can connect my small external computer CD player through the car's USB connection or through the bluetooth. (I could keep it in the glove box).
Most likely yes. But I wouldn't bother because from experience, the CDs will keep jumping with every bump in the road. Better to rip to your usb stick.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Actually I doubt you could use a USB CD drive as the power output from the socket would not be enough and no 'driver' to handle to audio steam from the CD player. So why even consider it when a 16gb stick can be bought for well under a fiver and can hold about 150 CDs depending on the compression rate used.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I will give it a try anyhow and report on the results. The stick will be the alternative.

·
Registered
316 Posts
The wires for a CD player are under the front passenger seat on all models except the Touch one. You will need a good auto electrician or a decent colour wiring diagram.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Vacuman said:
Actually I doubt you could use a USB CD drive as the power output from the socket would not be enough and no 'driver' to handle to audio steam from the CD player. So why even consider it when a 16gb stick can be bought for well under a fiver and can hold about 150 CDs depending on the compression rate used.
I charge my laptop and iPad through car USB port so I'm sure it's fine for a cd drive

·
Registered
626 Posts
Portable CD player through the AUX jack socket?

Would be a PITA though...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Blactus said:
Vacuman said:
I charge my laptop and iPad through car USB port so I'm sure it's fine for a cd drive
Charging isn't the same as driving a little motor. Anyhow, USB powered CD drives would need to have an aux socket so that the audio signal can get to the radio. Without that there's no point.

·
Registered
134 Posts
So, no one has managed to fit a CD player? I need my ACDC discs played... No, I'm not going to rip them. Must be something on eBay! They're asking for €410 to have one fitted from Citroen. That's just crazy money for a CD player!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've managed to wire in my open spool tape deck.....ah no I'm joking.
Seriously though I'm old school when it comes to audio and when I realised the cactus came without a cd player I thought sh.t what am I going to do with all my cds. But, i bit the bullet and over a few nights (well quite a few) I copied everything to a memory stick then transferred it all to the in-built jukebox and I have to say I've never looked back. Once its all in there it's so much easier, no more swapping over cds and as a bonus you gain the extra storage space that would otherwise hold the cds.
So to anyone who feels unsure about using usb sticks I would say don't be it's brilliant, go for it. Carpe diem.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Guess I'll try to find out how to rip CD's... Or tape an old Discman to the sidepanel. 20sec anti skip memory ftw! Lol!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts