Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Does anyone here know the waiting time for a factory order Cactus?

On 4/12/14 I ordered a Cactus from my local dealer, which is a factory order, as the wife was quite specific with her order, and would not settle for anything less than the fair, diesel auto, in white, with glass roof.....which of course meant having to wait until it is built.

Paid a deposit, and informed that the wait should be 8 -12 weeks (meaning delivery expected 26/1/15 to 23/2/15).

I spoke to the dealer the other day, and they informed me that the vehicle does not have a build number yet, and they cannot track it progress until it has a build number.

So my question is, does anyone know if the timescales of 8-12 weeks are realistic, or is the wait longer than this currently?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was told 12 weeks for factory build,I managed to get one in silver that was built already I don't want it until the end of march so probably would have been ok with a factory build but didn't want to risk it

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been waiting just over 6 weeks now, and I still don't have a build number yet!

Citroen should give an accurate waiting time for these cars rather than just giving guesstimates.

Unless they get a move on, and start to build it, there is no way they are going to keep to their initial 8-12 week wait they told me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
When you say 'build number' I take it this is different to the 'order number'. I got an email from Citroen CS about three days after my order with the order number and simply saying they would let me know when it is in the country. I hope it isn't 12 weeks as I've got to hand my current car back before that time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been told that until it is issued a build number they don't know of any progress. Once it has a build number they can track its progress through the Citroen system.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine took 10 weeks from order. Pretty standard model with white pearl and 17 inch black wheels, pick it up two weeks ago so that included xmas and new year period

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hope they get a move on with mine, been waiting nearly 7 weeks with no update on the order yet, as the dealer cannot track it until they get a build number from Citroen.

I dont know if the more options that you have, the longer it takes to get it. I have ordered a Flair, polar white, diesel auto, 17" black diamond wheels, with glass roof.......cant wait to get my hands on it!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ordered mid October, still waiting. Contacted dealer. Original delivery time mid January. Now told mid Feb, have told them if goes towards end of Feb, to hold off registration till 1st of march. Popularity in main land Europe is probable cause as they have already had to increase productionbefore it even came on sale in the UK. Have not seen any on the roads in Hampshire yet apart from demo vehicles with trade plates on.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I ordered mine 21st October and got it 29th December. 11 weeks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered mine , an 82 feel in deep purple with city cam pack and purple highlight pack on Saturday (17th Jan) and was told 6-8 weeks for a factory order. Although reading here it seems like that is unlikely now.

Really hope it is in that estimate period because I am overly excited about getting it

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think that they are being very optimistic on 6-8 weeks.....I have been waiting 7 weeks and 1 day (I'm not counting.....honestly!), and I still don't have a build number.

·
Registered
185 Posts
We ordered ours on the 27th october and were quoted 6 weeks originally however this turned into 8 weeks when it was actually ready at the dealers.

when we picked it up the dealership said the wait for new cars was now up to 12 weeks (this is in Turkey)

I would advise contacting citroen UK by messaging them through facebook. I was impressed with how quick they responded to a few questions I had. I think if you message them with your order number they may be able to check things out for you.

Hope you all get your cars soon.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've at last been given a date to pick up my car - 11th Feb, 2 weeks more than I expected or had hoped for but at least I have a date now. That'll be nearly 3 months from order, I guess it has had more demand than expected.

Good luck everyone else in 'the waiting room'. :)

Cheers, Chris.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dealer has now given us a build date for our car, its being built w/c 23/2/14, thats exactly 12 weeks from the date we ordered and paid a deposit to them.

Hopefully once the build has commenced, it will be delivered to the dealership very soon afterwards.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ordered mine on Nov. 7th and was told delivery will be on late Jan. oder early Feb. Last monday my Cactus was delivered to my dealer and I'm waiting for this friday to get the keys.
Delivery depends on some options, said my dealer. So panorama roof or 17"-wheels should cause a longer delivery time. I'm happy my car came 2 weeks earlier.
Maybe there are also differences between the countries.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mandymon90 said:
I ordered mine , an 82 feel in deep purple with city cam pack and purple highlight pack on Saturday (17th Jan) and was told 6-8 weeks for a factory order. Although reading here it seems like that is unlikely now.

Really hope it is in that estimate period because I am overly excited about getting it
Although I had doubted this, turns out to be quite accurate.
Ordered January 17th, It is currently in Vego and my scheduled pick up date is March 1st so thats about 6 weeks :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well done Mandy that is really quick.....just wish they were as quick with mine. Ordered 1/12/14, and have been informed that they will build on w/c 23/2/15. maybe they build all, of the UK spec cars in one go?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just got told by the dealer that the factory is inundated with orders and are slightly delayed in production. We ordered mid January and have now been told that we should expect the car to be built on March and delivered end of March to mid April,the reason being top spec trim and added extras.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts