Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my intro i mentioned I've ordered a Cactus as my next company car.

On our car lists, for each of the primary Cactus models there seems to be two versions, for example:
C4 Cactus SUV 1.2 PTech 82 Flair Ed
C4 Cactus SUV 1.2 PTech 82 Flair

It shows the list prices for these as
£16335
£15360

I couldn't find out easily what the difference was between the Ed and non-Ed models and no clues on the Citroen configurator site so have ordered the non Ed 110 Flair. Anyone know what the difference might be, what I could be missing out on? I just know that if I asked our in-house people they wouldn't have a clue and would have to ask Citroen...I couldn't afford to wait for that.

For what it's worth our list shows the list price of the 110 Flair Ed as £17, 535 compared to the non-Ed at £16,560. We have a pretty clever ordering system so all the appropriate Citroen options for each model can be selected and it shows the affect on the total and monthly price. Strangely, once I had selected the the model I had to select a colour and EVERY colour has a price increase because the only zero-cost option Citroen list is yellow and that wasn't an option on our system. Nor were any of the accessories such as mudflaps and rubber mats :(

·
Registered
185 Posts
Would hazard a guess that one is manual and the other is auto. With the lower price being the manual.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The Flair edition is the new name for the Flair, the Flair is what the old Feel was and the feel is now what the Touch was if you understand all that!

·
Registered
626 Posts
MaroonBells said:
The Flair edition is the new name for the Flair, the Flair is what the old Feel was and the feel is now what the Touch was if you understand all that!
Or another way to describe it....(I tried to put it in a table but the forum software wouldnt let me....

2014 > Mid 2015
a. Touch (Base)
b. Feel*
c. Flair
*Feel Edition was the initial 2014 Launch Model.

Mid 2015 > on
a. Touch (Base)
b. Flair
c. Flair Edition

And hence my previos post...

BristolRich said:
As a suggestion and from experience of contributing to other car related forums, it might be worth putting together a small sticky about the 2016 revision and updates compared to the initial release.

Invariably we will get people arriving to the forum asking questions if/should their potential new/second hand purchase have xyz fitted or not.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestions . I hope you are wrong as I've ordered Flair and expect Flair, not a Feel. The Feel is also listed - the 110 is priced at £15,160 whereas the list for the 110 Flair I've ordered (before adding paint and extras) is shown as £16,560.

I received a Citroen brochure and price list today. The Flair 110 Basic RRP is shown as £16,560 so seems to be the same.

[JohnC - both prices apply to 5sp manual]

The price on my company list for the Flair Ed is £17,535 - think I might have to call and ask what the difference might be after all, if only to satisfy my curiosity.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Vacuman said:
Thanks for the suggestions . I hope you are wrong as I've ordered Flair and expect Flair, not a Feel.
I think its safe to assume we are in a period of transition (the trim level changes "may" not have yet even come in to effect) so there will be an overlap of models and avaliability.

Let us know how you get on.... :)

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'm 95% there with a comprehensive "sticky" for MY2014-MY2015 vehicles, just trying to work out whats changed for the MY2015 on...

Bar the obvious changes (rear bench) any further details would be appreciated...

Also trying to work out how to construct a table using the forum software...not sure its enabled?

·
Registered
57 Posts
BristolRich said:
Also trying to work out how to construct a table using the forum software...not sure its enabled?
The usual BBCode table tags are not enabled, so I think the best you could do is a fixed-width code block and then put an ascii table within that, e.g.:
Code:
Model Year  |  Details
======================
2014        |  Blah
----------------------
2015        |  Wibble
It's not the easiest thing to keep up-to-date, but should do the job.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Again, good suggestion. But the full RRP on the panoramic sunroof is £425 so for an extra £975 I'd expect the roof and perhaps leather interior and city park pack combined. I've emailed the question to the ordering help desk. I wonder if the car will come before they get me an answer?

BTW - made sure I included the steel spare wheel. Every puncture in our family over the last five years has been a sidewall cut (kerbed or pothole'd) and no amount of rubber in a can will get you home. Think it added £1 to the monthly cost - worth it if it saves waiting in the sunshine, let alone the cold and rain, for a tow truck to bring us home the next time we have a tyre go bang.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been lurking around here for a while as looking to order a Cactus in January.... Just noticed the Flair Edition has been added to the Configurator on Citroen website, Jelly Red has appeared, the new HDi auto and shows the 'Edition' model with Leather as standard.

No sign in description this model includes the Camera Pack or Sunroof... But sunroof isn't an 'Option' to add...

Renault Dealer in Bristol has this spec listed ... http://www.carcogroup.co.uk/citroen/new-cars/c4-cactus/?Model=C4+CACTUS&LongVersion=1.6+BLUEHDI+FLAIR+EDITION+5DR but this also states Mood Lighting which read before isn't included?!

Be great to see an official detailed spec sheet !

The internal photos of car still show the 'dots' on glove box and the double handle, if you look at the French site, these have gone.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/srl3s3is2goh5b7/V3DImage.jpg?dl=0

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just looked at the updated configurator and compared the Flair and Flair Edition. With the Flair you have options to add the panoramic roof and full choice of trim options, as well as removing the roof bars etc. It seems the Flair Edition is preconfigured and only has the black leather available and the roof bars cannot be removed. The choice of colour for the wing mirrors & lettering for the rear "Cactus" insert has been removed, roof bar colour option however remains as does the City Park pack.
Strange that now what most people would assume to be the top spec model has much less customisation than the standard Flair.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Looks like the configurator was updated yesterday as it went off line about 1400 when I was referring to it.

I'll make sure the Flair Edition is added to the sticky :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Leather standard then on the Flair edition but no sunroof available, strange. Maybe they haven't updated it fully yet?

·
Registered
8 Posts
MaroonBells said:
Leather standard then on the Flair edition but no sunroof available, strange. Maybe they haven't updated it fully yet?
Unsure if it's got Reverse Camera too...

Not sure what else seems to be missing compared to the current 'Flare'

Def needs a spec sheet to compare

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mb78 said:
/quote]

I see that the rear parking assistance is now a £197 :eek: option, shocker. Seems the Cactus just got more expensive.

·
Registered
8 Posts
MaroonBells said:
Mb78 said:
I see that the rear parking assistance is now a £197 :eek: option, shocker. Seems the Cactus just got more expensive.
It's as if there are two options for top range... No different to the old flair with added extras on at very similar price.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I know two weeks ago the Cactus came off our company car list then reappeared so I guess it was to include the new versions but ended up getting ahead of the Citroen site hence I couldn't make head nor tail of what the differences might be.

Given the extra £15/month the Flair Ed would could over the Flair I think I'm happy as I am :p

1 - 20 of 24 Posts