Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Cactus has travelled almost 10,000km And now it's time to do tyre rotation.
Just realized that I didn't get any tools to open the wheel hub cap for my 17" wheels.

Do your dealer provide one and care to provide picture for me or how to remove it without any tools?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
"From memory" I think I have seen a small hook which is inserted into one of the holes in the cover plate and pull off...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Do you mean the centre cap or wheel nut caps? Would think the centre cap could stay on wheel when changing them.

If the wheel nut cap is what you meant this is the tool to do it

View attachment 286

Citroen part number C676305

Edit sorry mused the bit about 17" wheels lol above is for exposed wheel nuts.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
472 Posts
Yes Rich is right, its a small hook/wire handle that just pops into the small on the cover. Its with the jack etc, why didn't you get even the basic tools, haven't you got anything not even a wheelbrace ?.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
That yellow tool John C is a fuse puller. The tool in the jack kit is a little circular metal tool to flick the cap off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cactusjack said:
Yes Rich is right, its a small hook/wire handle that just pops into the small on the cover. Its with the jack etc, why didn't you get even the basic tools, haven't you got anything not even a wheelbrace ?.
My original wheels is "square" 16" and i ordered 17" wheels separately and I didnt get any tool with the package to open the 17" hub cap. So wondering if i can just simply pry open it using blade or need any special tool.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
I recently had to have a new tyre as I had a slow puncture. The guy at the garage removed the cover using an allen key like a hook and just pinged it off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
472 Posts
vhardono said:
cactusjack said:
Yes Rich is right, its a small hook/wire handle that just pops into the small on the cover. Its with the jack etc, why didn't you get even the basic tools, haven't you got anything not even a wheelbrace ?.
My original wheels is "square" 16" and i ordered 17" wheels separately and I didnt get any tool with the package to open the 17" hub cap. So wondering if i can just simply pry open it using blade or need any special tool.
You could try a wire coat hangar bent into shape, just check the diameter to see if it goes into the hole. If it does just hook the end, just be carefull whatever you use though so you don't crack the edge
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
I used a small electric screw driver to ease it off ( no damaged caused )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
If you can't get one from Citroen an O ring puller will do the same job...

Just be careful levering the caps off. Whilst the plastic may be ok and mar free you need to be cautions levering against the lacquered surface of the wheel. Any surface damage will cause the alloy to bloom especially this time of year with salt on the roads.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
vhardono said:
My Cactus has travelled almost 10,000km And now it's time to do tyre rotation.
Just realized that I didn't get any tools to open the wheel hub cap for my 17" wheels.

Do your dealer provide one and care to provide picture for me or how to remove it without any tools?
It's not so recommended to do front/rear tyre rotation.
The front and rear tyres are worn differently (clearly ofcourse) as the rear tyres worn mostly on the edges, hmm because they don't turn...
If you put the rear set in the front the tyres grip in turns might negatively affect the handling...
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top