Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Cactusfriends!
I do not understand how I should open the panel under the steering wheel to access the fuses in my left hand drive Cactus.
According to the user manual the panel must be drawn first in the upper left part, and then in the right part. I have tried to break with a screwdriver, but do not get it up and are afraid to break it if I take the harder.
Does anyone have got the panel off and can give me advice?

Bengt

Cactus Pure Tech 82 Feel. Brown Haban, Comfort Pack, City Camera Pack, etc.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have Cactus with steering on the left.

Pull the fuse box plastic cover panel first from the lower end and then from the left side. This needs quite a lot of power and you may think that it breaks down. But it doesn't. Use only your fingers, not any tools.

The panel clics easily back.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would like to know where it is on the Right Hand drive version.. I went investigating but could not find anything that looked like an access panel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks for your advice, Topi!

I think it is a very poor design Citroen have achieved. And then all the cables that sits in front of the fuses. Just hope you do not need to test or replace anyone.

Bengt

·
Registered
39 Posts
Bengt, nice to know that my advice helped you to open the fuse box cover. This is really poorly designed area. Perhaps the fuse box is targeted only for professionals even if it is mentioned in the manual.

I have opened many plastic panels in my car. I have put small self-adhesive felt pads (originally for furniture) under the plastic panels all around the car. Now I have premium quality rattle-free drive even on gravel roads and cobblestone streets. These small sound were quite irritating especially when the temperature fell below zero.

The worst part was the panel inside the boot door. This panel made nasty resonance when it was cold in the winter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I haven't got one (yet), but rent one for our three week holiday :)

In reply to the "bad design" issue, as I understand the car is a low-cost car by design. And that's one of the things I really like about it! Get rid of useless things!!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have had several Citroens and for me it is interesting to compare small details in different Citroen models (eg. fuse boxes). And also make little improvements to make the car a little bit better.

This forum in very good to find different kind of Cactus owners and discuss with them. Someone is interested in techniques, someone the look of the car and so on. Someone thinks this is just a cheap car. For me Cactus along with some historical Citroen models is a hobby.

If someone thinks that some topic is useless, let other people talk about it. Perhaps it is the most important thing for them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
can anyone take a photo of the fuse box open. Do you know if its the larger size fuses or the micro fuses? I am planning on wiring in my dash cam (when i collect the car tomorrow) and want to get a piggyback fuse.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Did you got the dash cam? I have the same question. Is it micro fuse or normal? I plan to hardwire dash cam, and interior led lights.

There seems to be very little online (especially YouTube) when it comes to this DIY "how to"tutorials for this car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts