Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so it was only a 3 inch die cast model, but it was a freebie! :D

I had a silver Cactus for a 24 hour test drive last November, several months before I finally got a Cactus of my own, and the dealer I got the test drive from was Citroen Letchworth in Hertfordshire. I was passing by there today and I went in to see if they had any models of the Cactus in stock. They had the 3 inch model in grey or white. I chose the white one as that colour is out of stock on Citroen's web store. It should have been £4.48 with VAT, but I had told the chap I had a full size Cactus, so maybe that's why, or maybe he couldn't be bothered doing the invoice, but for whatever reason, he said I could have it for free! I was well pleased and thanked him very much. It's just a shame that they don't make the model in my car's colour, blue lagoon.

So big up the Citroen dealer in Letchworth, very helpful and friendly! It may have worked well in their favour too, because there is a Citroen dealer nearer to me in Bedford, but when my car is due for it's first service, I'm more likely to take it to Letchworth now.

Also, when driving through Letchworth, I met another Blue Lagoon Cactus as we drove in opposite directions past each other at a mini roundabout and we both looked at each others cars as we passed, he smiled and I wish I'd dona a thumbs up!

Most Cactus drivers I've passed on the road never look at me, I certainly have never had a wave. As they become more numerous, I guess most drivers don't notice other Cacti on the road.

But from now on, every time I see another Blue Lagoon Cactus, I will give a wave, even if I don't get one back.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Citroën Letchworth seem okay, I've not dealt with them much but my management accountant bought her C4 Grand Picasso from them and she is happy with the service. I don't use Wests, despite working in Bedford and one of my team's other half being quite senior in the Wests Group, I've always used Duxford Motorgroup who are utterly fantastic - nothing is too much trouble and their service is second-to-none, the only criticism is the courtesy car is always a Mitsubishi Mirage and they are truly awful.

I think Letchworth Citroën are still owned by Citroën UK.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wasn't impressed with Wests as I went to look at a new car there and the salesman was very pushy and a bit arrogant. So I'm not over keen to take my business there now.

That's a good recommendation for the dealer at Duxford, I'll bear that one in mind too as it's not too far away.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Duxford always look after me, last year I had a wheel replaced under warranty and when I mentioned to them I was coming to the air show at the IWM they suggested I leave my car with them (missing all the queues), they would do the wheel and then I could collect the keys from the petrol station at whatever time suited. That's just one example, there have been loads!

If nothing else, a day out at Duxford when the car is being serviced isn't a hardship.

·
Registered
12 Posts
CactusBob said:
But from now on, every time I see another Blue Lagoon Cactus, I will give a wave, even if I don't get one back.
Pick up my blue lagoon next Saturday! I'll wave if I see you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts