Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now you have your/my new cactus, is there anything you would change from your order ? Mine would be to get the diesel engine and the purple colour :D but that doesn't mean I'm not happy with mine lol

Tony

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Now that's a surprise - there's is me moaning about not having the chance of a petrol 1.2 (none available at the time) and you have one but want a diesel

Can I ask why ?

I think I would like to have had black wheels but I must admit the silver (and black) are growing on me

·
Registered
644 Posts
I do generally love everything about the cactus but I would like an easier handbrake (newly diagnosed arthritis in hands even tho I'm only 41) and boot release. I'm sure there are other things but they're my main niggles!

·
Registered
626 Posts
For me not so much changes but design tweaks....

Three cars on and I still miss the Citroen C4 boot load pull out splitter thing that came with all but the very basic models. I 'hoped' that this would have followed through to the Cactus but sadly not. By far one of the most simple but useful features on a modern car...

Car Automotive design Automotive exterior Trunk Motor vehicle

The touchscreen...The font of the Speedo doesn't match the font on touch screen and those sort of details do irk me a bit.... and I'm still not convinced it works as a functional design... and the backlighting needs to be addressed too. Its too bright and distracting at night so you turn the brightness down, but in poor daylight the speedo is too hard to read with the backlight on...

Attachments

·
Registered
725 Posts
Think I'd go for the pack that includes automatic headlights and wipers. My biggest disappointment is not having one touch on the electric Windows. But I knew I wouldn't get that, and it certainly didn't put me off. After 3 months I still love the car.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Shorten the time from order to delivery :(

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Mrsstuzilla said:
I do generally love everything about the cactus but I would like an easier handbrake (newly diagnosed arthritis in hands even tho I'm only 41) and boot release. I'm sure there are other things but they're my main niggles!
That's an awful disease and I have problems with two knuckles on one hand but been tested and thank god its not arthritis - Maybe just to many years of computer use.

The handbrake is one think I do like about my cactus with its huge button - our last car (Mazda 6) the handbrake was offset a bit to far to the left and was always awkward to use

·
Registered
644 Posts
JohnYoung said:
Mrsstuzilla said:
That's an awful disease and I have problems with two knuckles on one hand but been tested and thank god its not arthritis - Maybe just to many years of computer use.

The handbrake is one think I do like about my cactus with its huge button - our last car (Mazda 6) the handbrake was offset a bit to far to the left and was always awkward to use
We have a traditional handbrake as it's the manual not the auto. Find it really hard to use in the morning.

·
Registered
644 Posts
The2ems said:
Think I'd go for the pack that includes automatic headlights and wipers. My biggest disappointment is not having one touch on the electric Windows. But I knew I wouldn't get that, and it certainly didn't put me off. After 3 months I still love the car.
The auto wipers are good but the headlights not so much. It doesn't seem to put sidelights on - only full beam - which seems a little excessive for early morning wintry murk.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Thought of one more thing - does anybody else find their back brakes stick on overnight? The garage said there was nothing wrong but it's irritating.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Mrsstuzilla said:
Thought of one more thing - does anybody else find their back brakes stick on overnight? The garage said there was nothing wrong but it's irritating.
I have not noticed that but as a matter of habit with all my cars I park it on level ground put it in gear and leave the handbrake off. It slows the cable from stretching over time (as all handbrakes eventually do) and in winter stops the rear brakes freezing on

·
Registered
57 Posts
yes my brakes sometimes lock on. this has happened to me with other cars but usually when left parked for a number of days. almost every day with the cactus. hopefully just one of things and nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
techy111 said:
Now you have your/my new cactus, is there anything you would change from your order ? Mine would be to get the diesel engine and the purple colour :D but that doesn't mean I'm not happy with mine lol

Tony
Don't keep me in suspense here....... Why would you go for the diesel ?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I wouldn't change anything as I am happy but then I wouldn't have been able to anyway as the list of options is very limited here in Turkey.

I suppose if the 110 petrol had been available here I may have gone for that at the time but have found the 82 ok anyway.

Budget dictated that we went for the feel model and I did ask about the panoramic roof but it was only available on the top model here. Not sure how practical it would have been in our summers though as it gets very hot here.

Two things I am going to add after my first summer with the car, wind deflectors as whenever I screenwash I have to shut the windows or I get wet lol (my one annoying niggle), and also I am going to have the windows tinted to try to keep the interior of the car cooler when it hits 49c outside.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Mrsstuzilla said:
The2ems said:
The auto wipers are good but the headlights not so much. It doesn't seem to put sidelights on - only full beam - which seems a little excessive for early morning wintry murk.
Are you sure it puts full beam on, and not dipped beam? If it's dipped beam then that is fine, that's what you want. You should never drive on side lights alone.

·
Registered
644 Posts
It's showing the dipped beam headlight symbol on the display. Not the side lights. It's also a shame it dips the LED as sidelights and those would be good for dusk.

Oh and another thing I have noticed other cars with DLRs have rear lights too. The cactus doesn't.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Mrsstuzilla said:
It's showing the dipped beam headlight symbol on the display. Not the side lights. It's also a shame it dips the LED as sidelights and those would be good for dusk.

Oh and another thing I have noticed other cars with DLRs have rear lights too. The cactus doesn't.
The auto lights should not put full beam on - I reckon that might be a fault as that is dangerous

Is the lights left on full beam when you last used them - maybe it just puts them back on as you last left them ??

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
JohnYoung said:
techy111 said:

Tony
Don't keep me in suspense here....... Why would you go for the diesel ?
Lol the only reason would be for the engine range for pure driving reasons John. I'm finding it hard to adjust to a 3 cylinder engine after driving big lumps all my life :)

Tony

·
Registered
644 Posts
JohnYoung said:
Mrsstuzilla said:

The auto lights should not put full beam on - I reckon that might be a fault as that is dangerous

Is the lights left on full beam when you last used them - maybe it just puts them back on as you last left them ??
No it's not full beam. It's dipped headlights.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.