Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Hope I am not being stupid but is there an intermediate position (1) for ignition key? It seems to me that the key is in the off position or ignition on (2) position. This means that radio/music, programming satnav can only be used when ignition on or engine running. Surely this cannot be right? Every other car I have owned has had an intermediate position for key. Hope this makes sense. Fantastic car, love it to death!! Cheers Steve.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
The radio will still work with the key turned off.... not sure about sat-nav

The radio goes off when you turn the car off but a push of the button and its back on

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was playing with just this earlier! No intermediate position, you have to push the button to get the screen system\radio back on.

·
Registered
45 Posts
When the ignition is switched off press the volume button and the radio sat nav ext are all available to use hope this helps

·
Registered
644 Posts
It definitely has 2 positions. One makes the dashboard lights come on. If you turn it again the engine starts. Just like every other car I've ever had :lol:

·
Registered
185 Posts
It does have 3 positions but not an intermediate position the three are

1 = Off
2 = Ignition On
3 = Starting

If you switch to position 2 only (without starting) it will turn off after one hour.

·
Registered
472 Posts
If you check the manual you can use the screen to make any adjustments, plus read the built in manual. You get a set amout of time to go through sat nav, pair your phone, upload music and set the screen to your particular requirements. I found this out when uploading files and it switched off halfway through. If you have a lot of uploading to do let the engine tick over.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts