Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife got pulled over by x2 Police Officers early this morning. 01:20hrs . She was initially pulled because they thought she was using a mobile phone. She wasn't and doesn't own one anyway. It was because of the 7 inch display giving the impression a phone back light was on I guess. They asked her to remove the Screen. Which she replied "I can't as it's part of the car"

Well any way they also noticed her fog light was on. She was parked and obviously still had the engine running and the wheel not straight, so the Cornering Fog Light was on. They asked her to turn the Fogs off as it's an offence to drive with them on if it's not foggy. Getting flustered she didn't know how to turn them off and kept telling them they were not on. Bless her, she didn't know they were cornering fogs and part of the design of the car.

To cut along story short, they were going to stop her from making her journey because she couldn't turn them off (didn't know about the cornering fog also). In the end they verified she only had a 2 mile journey left and let her on her way and warned her to get them sorted. "Have your hubby turn them off" was the advice.

So just a heads up. Clueless Cops.

I've written a polite email to Hampshire Plod informing them if they have an issue then contact Citroen UK.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Crikey that's crazy..... Those front cornering lights are on other cars as are screens on the dashboard. Were these cops time travellers from last century :shock:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm guessing at that time in the morning they were extremely bored. I have a reply back from plod..............Good evening Mr Parker.

Please can you advise if you would like to log this as a formal complaint or you would be happy for the email to be passed on to your local Roads Policing Unit for their attention?

I've replied asking them to pass it on just in case these 2 wallys do actually impound a car with cornering fogs.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
mallygp said:
I'm guessing at that time in the morning they were extremely bored. I have a reply back from plod..............Good evening Mr Parker.

Please can you advise if you would like to log this as a formal complaint or you would be happy for the email to be passed on to your local Roads Policing Unit for their attention?

I've replied asking them to pass it on just in case these 2 wallys do actually impound a car with cornering fogs.
Maybe they will be more aware now what century they are in...... Good job they never saw your reversing camera (if you have one) they would have burnt you at the stake :roll:

·
Registered
472 Posts
That sounds about right for todays plods, in the good old days when they joined the force they were issued with 'common sense'. :roll: :eek:

G

·
mallygp said:
My wife got pulled over by x2 Police Officers early this morning. 01:20hrs . She was initially pulled because they thought she was using a mobile phone. She wasn't and doesn't own one anyway. It was because of the 7 inch display giving the impression a phone back light was on I guess. They asked her to remove the Screen. Which she replied "I can't as it's part of the car"
I don't know if everyone is aware that the screen brightness is variable to your own preference when the headlights are on. Of course if you have auto lights or put them on during the day it will also affect it then.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Keith said:
mallygp said:
I don't know if everyone is aware that the screen brightness is variable to your own preference when the headlights are on. Of course if you have auto lights or put them on during the day it will also affect it then.
Yeah I adjusted mine when I first got it as full brightness at night was to much for me

·
Registered
328 Posts
mallygp said:

Well any way they also noticed her fog light was on. She was parked and obviously still had the engine running and the wheel not straight, so the Cornering Fog Light was on. They asked her to turn the Fogs off as it's an offence to drive with them on if it's not foggy. Getting flustered she didn't know how to turn them off and kept telling them they were not on. Bless her, she didn't know they were cornering fogs and part of the design of the car.

To cut along story short, they were going to stop her from making her journey because she couldn't turn them off (didn't know about the cornering fog also). In the end they verified she only had a 2 mile journey left and let her on her way and warned her to get them sorted. "Have your hubby turn them off" was the advice.

I've written a polite email to Hampshire Plod informing them if they have an issue then contact Citroen UK.
Crazy story!

Isn't hands free mobile use perfectly legal, so therefore a back lit phone legal.

Can we even turn these lights off? I didn't even know I had them.

·
Registered
328 Posts
mallygp said:

Crazy story!

Aren't hands-free mobile handsets perfectly legal, so therefore a back lit phone must be legal.

Can we even turn these lights off? I didn't even know I had them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts