Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are my thoughts after a couple of days...

Good
(a) The build quality is fine for the price
(b) The car accelerates surprisingly well from 60mph in top gear
(c) The Flair stereo is nice once it has been set up "properly"
(d) Nearly 45mpg after less than 100 miles of driving on local roads and fast driving on dual carriageways seems reasonable

Bad
(a) The lack of reach adjustment on the steering wheel leads to a slightly odd driving position. I did test two cars, but both cars had a broken drivers seat height adjustment lever (!!!) so I never had the option to see if this made a difference...
(b) The gear up-change suggestions are ludicrous. I mainly find that if I change up according to the display the engine "labours". In particular, it does not feel comfortable in 4th at 30mph, but at 35mph is it fine.
(c) With the Panoramic roof, the rear headroom is less than ideal - I am less than 6ft and could not sit comfortably behind the drivers seat. Note: This will never bother me!
(d) When it was 7C outside, I could not get fresh air to the face level vents. I assume they will blow cold in Summer...

Surprising
(a) This car generates the same level of interest with the general public as my early 2008 Fiat 500 did!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Here's my thoughts 8 weeks post delivery!
Pros
Lovely to drive
68-74 mpg
Comfy seats
Great to park
Handy flat dashboard for maps and stuff
Love that the user manual is also on the touch screen. Much easier to use than the book.

Cons
The door sills are constantly mucky and mark if rain water gets on them! But they clean up ok
I wish it was just slightly bigger
Lack of places for drinks at the front
Like moto, I find I do a lot of driving in 3rd. 4th is for above 36-38mph
Struggling to change temp, change music whilst driving. Hopefully I will get more used to that!

I do find kids in particular point and smile. It looks like a big tonka toy!

·
Registered
92 Posts
The first thing I learned when driving mine is to ignore the gear change suggesting thing. You know when to change up anyway and its not always at the same speed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just changed from a bmw 330 and must say I'm loving it. Only a couple days in but completely no feed back is making this a joyous relaxing waft along drive. Find acceleration good and just makes me smile .. The tech is great (flair). Already stopped in car parks and outside shops for a chat by complete strangers... All the doubters at work are completely won over and even my hard to please and very oppinuated 12 year old thinks it fantastic and .. Quote... So high tec....

·
Registered
38 Posts
I also like the child lock button on the dashboard. Great to make sure the kids are nice and safe during the journey and really handy to be able to switch it off from the dash when we stop or have adults in the back.

·
Registered
30 Posts
110 Feel
Had mine three months 1200 mils and still put a smile on my face.
only down is a bit of wind and road noise on bad surface roads, and as stated you have to keep cleaning the black plastic parts if you want it to look good and also keep the reversing camera lens clean but overall so far it's been great car and I find the 110 petrol so flexible can pull away in second and even low speed in top.
I also average 50--55 had 63 once 25mile trips on A roads average speed 45--55.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Day one!!

Great looking (shark grey, black air bumps, flair, 1.2 etg, black wheels red cactus flash and panoramic roof), expectedly the build feels thin and flimsy, but no worse than other lightweight small cars. Gets looks from other car occupants.

My long legs mean I could do with a closer steering wheel, but with some seat jigging I have found a comfortable driving position.
Black leather trim and general finish look good.

Sound system and gadgets are great, my wife like to play with such things!
The cruse control is great, as is the satnav and the phone synced without issue.

So far, 120 miles of mainly motorway has returned 48mpg but I expect this to increase as the motor loosens... the etg gear change is taking a little getting used to... The s/s is now off as its just isnt practical on the local 'magic' roundabout.

The ride is smooth and seats support well, but the blustery side winds today moved the Cactus around while travelling at 70mph, and across roof bars the wind is noisey(ish).

Itll be interesting to see if these become the next 'Juke'....but I was told but the citroen salesman the waiting/build time is now 4 months!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts