Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I've been experiencing some hair raising stop start issues when pulling out of junctions at low speed.
I just wondered whether the problem is my driving style or a possible fault with the car.

It happens when I'm travelling at low speed (3mph) usually coasting out of a junction and turning right or left into traffic.
Basically the car seems to just shut down for a brief second, then comes on but I cant seem to go anywhere.
Its not quite stalled but somewhere in between. This happened again this morning whilst I was in 1st gear. There is no juddering due to
being in the wrong gear but it does start to jerk when I try to release the clutch and apply power to get me passed the dreaded 3mph zone.
I dread approaching junctions now. Anybody else experience this or am I just being an idiot?

many thanks,
J

PS. Its a 110 Flair Manual.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hi! Am a new member but joined up so I could answer you :D

I get the same thing. Sort of a dead spot when accelerating? Only seems to happen when I drive and not my husband so maybe it's a driving style thing? Can be quite scary when you're trying to nip Into a space in heavy traffic.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have the 110 manual. S&S. It seems to stop only when the speed is virtually zero and the clutch is not depressed.

I too have experienced the engine cutting whilst I am still moving very slowly and not in gear on a couple of occasions, so I have now modified my driving style not to do this!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I only have the ETG but on my previous C4 the engine cut out at any speed from 4mph downwards. It started immediately again on lifting off the brake. All the above suggests you can stop the car in any gear and not stall and the engine restarts as soon as you press the clutch to select a gear.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I do notice a slight flat spot on my blueHDI 100 just before pulling at a junction , but I'm convinced it's because the turbo hasn't spooled up yet. I overcome this by gently pressing the throttle moments before I ease off the clutch. Maybe that might help anyone else.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It happened again on the way home from work! Again I was at a junction with a very slight incline. I had to inch out slowly because there is no visibility so the car just died. On reflection what I seem to be experiencing is more like a stall than the engine stop starting. It's weird because it happens so suddenly with no warning light. I have to turn off and restart to get the car going again. The reason I'm not sure if it's my driving is that it only happens once in a while.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes I too have experienced this and its not the stop/start. It seems to be like a flat spot when pulling away from a junction or into a roundabout. You have to give it more throttle than you think it needs but it can be a bit scary when it first happens because you appear to falter or stall. I had done about 2500 miles before I started noticing it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts