Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car was built 17/2/2016

Most of the times the touch screen turns on immediately as i start the engine, at the last position it was left in.
Sometimes i get the Citroen logo for a few seconds and then it shows the last position.
But once every two days i am getting a black screen as i start the engine for almost a minute (!) and then the Citroen logo etc.

What causes this?

System
SMEG5.4B.R8
CD 26378
Dated 1/12/15

Display
Cd 26378
Dated 1/12/15

Bluetooth
Cd 26378
Dated 1/12/15

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hopefully NOT as with my BX which had A LOT of damn character )-:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Its just one of those things. I can get in mine and the screen is on in an instant up and running. Other days I can get in and it takes for ever loading each module in turn (e.g. blank square in screen "Loading Media Module").

Once up and running, functionally its never been an issue (bar a suspected currupt USB stick throwing it a wobble).

·
Registered
348 Posts
Steve said:
ours does similar and it seems totally random, we have put it down to character :)
Ditto ...not timed it but perhaps it's a time issue? Goes into standby for x hours then off after that hence the longer start-up time. Only really a problem when starting and looking to reverse straight away but r/camera isn't ready.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Mine will come on within 20 seconds of engine start, or I'm left waiting for a couple of minutes, you never know what you get. But I never make the mistake of thinking it's a tablet, an iPad it isn't. It is just a car display and a clunky one at that.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Vacuman said:
Steve said:
ours does similar and it seems totally random, we have put it down to character :)
Ditto ...not timed it but perhaps it's a time issue? Goes into standby for x hours then off after that hence the longer start-up time. Only really a problem when starting and looking to reverse straight away but r/camera isn't ready.
Same here. I guess we will be waiting impatiently to be able to access the aircon in the Summer too

·
Registered
644 Posts
98% of the time ours is fine but occasionally it throws a wobbly. Last week it took about a minute to start up which wasn't very helpful as i reversed off the drive. Have become far too dependent on it!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I Spoke with a Service Manager at the central garage of PSA importet to Israel. He said that rebooting of the screen when atarting up the engine, is a known phenomenon. According to him, when ever the battery is low on charge, the alternator/starter robs all available power from the passenger area to start the engine. That is why we have encountered random rebooting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts