Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have just recently order my Cactus (Flair edition) I am aware it has a jukebox that I can transfer music on to directly from a USB stick - my question is........... I have a MAC PC and all my music is obn itunes, with this simply upload from the stick if I drag and drop on the MAC PC or does the file type need changing?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi MrP. Your jukebox won't play your tunes if you pop them on a USB direct from iTunes as they'll be in MP4 format, the car will only play MP3. You can download a free converter (I use 'freac'), it's a very simple process, just drag and drop and then you can send them from the converter straight to your USB stick. One thing to watch out for though is that you don't end up with multiple copies on the stick. Hope that helps.
https://www.freac.org/

·
Registered
57 Posts
Peyote said:
the car will only play MP3.
That's not true, here is the details from the handbook:

Code:
The audio equipment will only play audio files with ".wma, .aac,
.flac, .ogg and .mp3" file extensions and with a bit rate of between
32 Kbps and 320 Kbps.
It also supports VBR (Variable Bit Rate) mode.
No other type of file (.mp4, ...) can be played.
WMA files must be of the standard wma 9 type.
The sampling rates supported are 11, 22, 44 and 48 KHz.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Evilpaul said:
Peyote said:
the car will only play MP3.
That's not true, here is the details from the handbook:

Code:
The audio equipment will only play audio files with ".wma, .aac,
.flac, .ogg and .mp3" file extensions and with a bit rate of between
32 Kbps and 320 Kbps.
It also supports VBR (Variable Bit Rate) mode.
No other type of file (.mp4, ...) can be played.
WMA files must be of the standard wma 9 type.
The sampling rates supported are 11, 22, 44 and 48 KHz.
Was kind of just referring to the MP3 vs the MP4 file type that iTunes spits out but still, I stand corrected.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have a Mac howeverthe file types wont be your problem...

You can drag and drop your iTunes music folders directly to a USB stick and play them directly no problem (once the library has built).

The problem I have and yet to resolve is formatting the USB stick. I purchased a 16Gb Mini Sandisk USB stick and it sits in the dash slot hidden and obscured. Straight out of the packet I bunged a load of music on, and since got bored of the music on the stick. Instead of deleting the files I formatted it...big mistake. Since formatting the USB stick in the Mac I have yet to find any format that works with the car. No matter which format option I've tried (within the MS-DOS (FAT) formats) none work in the car. In other devices the USB works fine... :?:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Small size USB disks formatted as FAT on my Windows PC work fine but a 64gb ex-FAT was not recognised in my new Cactus. I must say I'm very happy with the sound quality in my new Flair but have noticed that when connecting by Bluetooth (for example) to my Android phone or my better half's iPhone the LIST option, to show and manage music on console screen, doesn't actually do anything.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guy I appreciate the help on this I get the impression it will be ok but as I'm a bit of a techphobe I will probally be back on here once the car arrives!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts