Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have lost the jukebox in my Flair! I had it when I brought the car home from buying it and not liking the music on it I deleted it and the jukebox has completely disappeared. Can anyone help please? By the way i am not very good with techno stuff so please advise me as though you are dealing with a child!

·
Registered
644 Posts
You deleted the music or the whole juke box? If you press source when on the music screen does it give you a juke box option? Maybe you can't choose it until you have music on it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It may be that the Jukebox is only there (ie selectable) if it contains files to play back.
Insert a USB stick (Windows formatted) with some MP3s on it and select the red icon on the left of the media playback screen to select
manage jukebox. Then select copy, add the files and press confirm.

I think after that the Jukebox icon will appear selectable.

Cheers,
Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies, I seem to have lost the jukebox from the the source screen. I will have tried to download music from my iPad but the jukebox just doesn't open up and allow the download although it will allow the music to be played. As you can see I am not that tech savvy, I will have to ask my twelve year old granddaughter to have a look!
Thanks for your help folks, it's a nearly new car and we love it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
ferrisimo said:
It may be that the Jukebox is only there (ie selectable) if it contains files to play back.
Insert a USB stick (Windows formatted) with some MP3s on it and select the red icon on the left of the media playback screen to select
manage jukebox. Then select copy, add the files and press confirm.

I think after that the Jukebox icon will appear selectable.

Cheers,
Dave
My mistake, its Media List that lets you select the files to copy. The manage button lets you selectively delete files.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Dave did as you suggested and yahoo the jukebox is back. Now working up the courage to try and download my iPad music.

·
Registered
47 Posts
One thing to careful about is that it can be picky with file and directory names.
Try and keep them short without any punctuation otherwise they tend to get skipped.
Its very good at more unusual formats such as flac. I found it sounds best with the loudness setting off
and the fader setup for the drivers seat. These are all under the audio settings menu.

Cheers,
Dave

·
Registered
644 Posts
Ah we have the loudness on 95% of the time unless it's something with lots of bass that makes the speakers rattle.

Glad you've got it sorted. Was my suggestion first that if you didn't have music on the juke box it wouldn't let you select it. ;)

·
Registered
265 Posts
hucknallflyer said:
Do they still include the jukebox on new models as I haven't seen it in the manual or specs?
I don't believe they do. I mentioned it to the sales guy when buying mine and he thought it was removed. They didn't have a Flair to check it on though. Heaven knows why they dropped it.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I think its wrong that they drop items from cars, to me its like buying a house and then finding they have removed the bathroom or something without telling you. You buy a car with the specs you want and that should be that not finding out later it does not have this or that.

Plus you would think it would be so much more work and hassle with cars being assembled on mass to pre-definded specs and templates to then suddenly change it

·
Registered
211 Posts
Anybody know when they stopped including the Jukebox? my Cactus is from Sept 2015, so hopefully it's still there, as I've not yet looked.
I have played my music from my phone via bluetooth, which works fine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I recently bought an ex-demo flair, registered March 15 and the jukebox is there. Think I read somewhere it was removed from October 15.

·
Registered
348 Posts
lot of fuss about nothing in my mind. USB memory sticks are so cheap. Just have a few populated with fav music rattling around

·
Registered
266 Posts
It wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't also removed the glovebox usb socket... I connect my phone using the one on the centre console, so would have no spare. Again, removing things specced at time of order is unacceptable...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think they dropped the Jukebox because of the problems listed here and other places. There were so many "variable" issues, that the decision was probably made to remove it and thus remove the irritation for owners and service departments.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts