Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very excited having just purchased a new (well nearly) Cactus Flair 1.2 Puretech 110 in sport red with all the tech - never had a reversing camera before, for example. Took it for a test drive on the M6 because I was concerned about the 1.2 being powerful enough and it went like a rocket! Picking it up Monday :)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yay welcome to the club! Second hand is the way to go (in my opinion) having seen how long a lot of people on this forum have been waiting for factory builds! :D. We bought an ex demo car.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Coming up to 2000 miles so my right foot is now unrestrained :) Having to put speed limiter on 70 :(
I endured the wait now reaping the joy :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Picked up my new car today - it's everything I hoped for and more - can't wait to see it in the light!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Pusey said:
Picked up my new car today - it's everything I hoped for and more - can't wait to see it in the light!!
Well done! Enjoy and drive safely. My Dad always told to never buy a car in the darK! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Cactus4us said:
Coming up to 2000 miles so my right foot is now unrestrained :) Having to put speed limiter on 70 :(
I endured the wait now reaping the joy :D
I find the speed limiter very handy going through long speed limited zonez

·
Registered
348 Posts
Pusey - I bet you got a great price compared to the list.

I know that most on here who have bought new have got them on 0% deals, cash discounts etc. but it is scary to see that an car with a list of over £18k is being offered with under 5,000 miles for around £12k . Loads of examples on eBay and other car trader sites.

If mine were not a company car (still two months to wait) I would deffo buy s/h.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Members, Me too !

Bought 26-2-16 Flair, 1.2 110, 1850 mls, Purple. Spare wheel & jack, Tax £20

I DON'T LIKE IT......£12k anyone ??

Hastings SX.

Back to a C5.

Malcolm.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Malcolm said:
Hi Members, Me too !

Hastings SX.

Back to a C5.

Malcolm.
Ah... that's sad you don't like Cactus. The C5 is just plain...dull...but practical.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Malcolm said:
Hi Members, Me too !

Hastings SX.

Back to a C5.

Malcolm.
Did you not give it a good test drive before buying ?

Some had 24 hour test drive we were offered that but we had it all day and drove all over the place on different roads and hills to make sure we liked it

·
Registered
472 Posts
You bought 26th Feb this year, you haven't had time to get to 'know' it. Whatever possesed you to buy a car you couldn't have 'clicked' with from seeing it. :eek: :?: :roll:

·
Registered
57 Posts
my cactus was a year old when I bought it and I saved thousands. for me that's the way to go, but I'm also pleased that lots of people buy new as I work in a car factory and my job depends on it. :D

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
cactusjack said:
You bought 26th Feb this year, you haven't had time to get to 'know' it. Whatever possesed you to buy a car you couldn't have 'clicked' with from seeing it. :eek: :?: :roll:
Its bizzare..... maybe they just saw a picture and bought one without trying it or finding out about it

Or have they just signed up on the forum to throw some hate about :?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sold it !

£12500 on 26-02-16. Sold 9-03-16 £9990 VERY EXPENSIVE !!!

Here is what I liked 110 petrol engine, driving position.

Here is what I did not like No spare wheel or tools, No boxes in boot, No holders on back of seats,
Non dipping mirror, Small door pockets, No usual instruments, No money hide-away, No mirror in passenger visor,
No grab handles, STUPID ARM REST, OBSCURES HAND BRAKE,

Done with Citroen, Previous CX, CX, BX, BX, BX, XM, Xantia, Xarsa P, C5 All self maintained.

Malcolm

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Malcolm said:
Sold it !

£12500 on 26-02-16. Sold 9-03-16 £9990 VERY EXPENSIVE !!!

Here is what I liked 110 petrol engine, driving position.

Here is what I did not like No spare wheel or tools, No boxes in boot, No holders on back of seats,
Non dipping mirror, Small door pockets, No usual instruments, No money hide-away, No mirror in passenger visor,
No grab handles, STUPID ARM REST, OBSCURES HAND BRAKE,

Done with Citroen, Previous CX, CX, BX, BX, BX, XM, Xantia, Xarsa P, C5 All self maintained.

Malcolm
Well good luck with what you buy next

My last car Mazda also had no spare and there is a small square hole for money I stick a cloth in there on top no rattles and cloth is good for cleaning screens.

Did you not think about the lack of normal instruments controllers when you bought it as that is one of the main characteristics of the car.

The door pockets are huge.....?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi, every one, 2 weeks ago bought Tapernade 1.6 bluehdi, 15 plate, 2400 miles.
I know I'm going to enjoy this car. I suffer from M,E, but with the super light steering, and comfortable seats, it's a treat to drive. Not to much fatigue, which I get driving. Just one fault being fixed next week, airbump at front passenger door, needing a new clip, at corner of panel, keeps coming loose. But Arnold Clark garage, was very helpful. So that will be sorted next Monday. Other than that, I love the car. Hope to hear from you folks in the future.
Cheers, allan,

1 - 20 of 42 Posts