Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I have just joined the forum having bought a Ctiroen C4 Cactus 1.2 (82) Flair white with panorama roof in July. Car is just what I thought it would be, I love the sunroof it just makes the whole interior seem so much bigger and lighter. I have had a few issues though, ie very minor electric shock when using the controls on the steering wheel for the ipod when it is connected in the glove usb. It stops once disconnected! The touch screen can take up to 30 seconds to come on in the morning when the car is started and it hasnt been cold yet and I have had a devil of a job sorting out how to download songs etc and I think I am quite a nerd when it comes to anything like IT. Some of the songs seems to stay in the memory and for some reason others seem to just disappear. I dont think it is particularly user friendly. Likewise with the satnav - trying to delete places took me ages....
Apart from that I love the car but am a little disappointed with the mileage per gallon. I know I am only tootling backwards and forwards to work and not on long runs but I thought I would get more than 42 on average per gallon or was I being optimistic???? Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I got my 1.2 (82) in January and get about 46mpg it was around 41 for first couple of months but increased. This is mostly short runs of less than 10 miles with the odd lonfer run thrown in.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I was lucky, I ordered the 1.6 Hdi ETG6 in October last year. I picked it up in late January. I love the car but I have the same issues with mine. I do get static shocks and I have no idea to delete the Satnav destinations. The good thing that I get though is the mpg, 60 in the town and 70 on the motorway. I have had up to 88mpg a couple of times. You will learn so much on this forum as time goes on.

·
Registered
128 Posts
We've got a 1.2 (110) and around town when driven sensibly get between 35-42 mpg most trips, only done a couple of motorway journeys but got around 50mpg both times. Having a heavy right foot has a major impact on the mpg though.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Just to add a Diesel slant (HDi Blue)....

This is the last 5months of MPG at fill ups. I think its easy to spot where the long Motorway runs are versus the week long heavy traffic intensive stop start commutes...

Slope Font Plot Parallel Rectangle

"Fuel Bore" app suggests an average of 56.80MPG, MyCitroen suggests 47MPG for the same period...

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hi - just joined this forum.

Only ordered my Cactus yesterday but did have a 1.2 Feel for a long weekend testdrive. It was brand new, 100 on the clock and over the test drive the little computer said we did an average of 42mpg. A bit Hitchhikers guide I think, the answer's 42.

However, I think that once it's done a few thousand and loosened up a little, plus I'm not testing the acceleration (amazing for just three cylinders) it should significantly improve.

Told to expect up to 16 weeks for delivery...... :roll:

·
Registered
644 Posts
We have had 72mpg in the blue hdi and easily get 50+ pootling around on short trips. The most I have seen on the screen is 2000mpg but that was going down a big hill in neutral! We fill up probably 50% less than we did our 1.9 diesel seat.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Just did a 130km trip mixture of dual carriageway and mountain roads recorded 20kms/l which translates to just over 56mpg. :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have had the Flair e-HDi92 ETG6 since January this year. I was initially a little disappointed with the mpg, but it has been steadily improving as time (and miles) goes on. I am now regularly averaging 65+mpg on a reasonable run (67.2 mpg on a 26 mile trip last night, in foul weather and heavy traffic on the motorway. Around town, even on short runs, mid 50's is usual. A big improvement on my old C4 110 Hdi

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.