Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, good to find such a comprehensive forum for such a new vehicle!
Ordered my Cactus this week...I'm a driving instructor and after much deliberation decided to take the plunge and upgrade my DS3...
Really looking forward to the new vehicle, although not keen on the long wait... :(
Anyway, will keep on the pulse in the meantime with the forum ;)

Registered
How long is the wait?

Registered
Congratulations:

As a Driving Instructor with a DS3 was there a deal with Citroen on the DS3 for Driving Schools as there seems a disproportionate number of Instructors with DS3's. Enjoy your Cactus

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The wait is about 3 months I've been told...I have my DS3 on the Citroen driving school program, so if I'm honest I can't really change till September anyway!! But I believe new orders are quoting 3 months...

I've been searching online, but haven't found anyone using the Cactus as a tuition vehicle...hope that's not a bad omen! :lol:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cloud9 said:
The wait is about 3 months I've been told...I have my DS3 on the Citroen driving school program, so if I'm honest I can't really change till September anyway!! But I believe new orders are quoting 3 months...

I've been searching online, but haven't found anyone using the Cactus as a tuition vehicle...hope that's not a bad omen! :lol:
Update...just waiting for the dealer to let me know the car is in - hoping to go and have a quick look prior to the dealer getting the dual controls fitted and the car prepared. Exciting times!! :) Also, having looked online I've found a few other driving schools starting to use the Cactus as a training vehicle...seems I'm not alone after all...

Registered
I was told 3 months which would of put it to the end of September but I was informed last week that its going through final inspections and should have it within the next week or two.

Registered
Excellent choice! I take it you haven't ordered the parking pack? My only worry would be the visibility out of the back window.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mrsstuzilla said:
Excellent choice! I take it you haven't ordered the parking pack? My only worry would be the visibility out of the back window.
No parking pack, definitely not! I actually asked an examiner last week about the camera, and I think the upshot is I won't have to switch off the screen for reversing on tests...I will have to make doubly sure however that the pupils are looking around as if the camera wasn't there (which was what I'd figured anyway)
I know what you mean about the view to the rear...that was a concern for me when I was considering the car, but having had 2 test drives I decided it was no worse than a lot of other hatchbacks. I will be telling the pupils that it's even more important to be looking around effectively!! :shock:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Heard from the dealer today, and it's arrived!! Hope to go and see it this week as the dual controls should be fitted Wednesday...then 3 more tests in my DS3 and then the changeover 2 weeks on Friday...can't wait!! :D

Registered
Brilliant! Sounds like you've got it sussed. I look round and look at the camera too. Definitely shouldn't be able to use it for a bay park on their test! So easy just to line up the car outline between the lines!

Good to hear car arrived already. Looking forward to hearing how you get on. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Slight hitch....

Heard from the dealer last week to say that there's a problem with the dual controls...apparently the clutch has been re-designed and the existing controls available won't fit and need to be adapted.
Can't believe there is an issue this late in the day after such a long wait :cry:
And I really need to change on the date agreed with the dealer as I have a pupil with a test early October who will need to get used to the new car....grrrrrrrr....... :eek:

Registered
Better safe than sorry.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts