Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for more experienced owners. Is there a way to just leave the wipers on the "rain sensing" / automatic setting or do you have to turn this on every time you start the car and it's raining. One of the "quirks" perhaps compared to my VW. Cheers.

Registered
Falcman said:
Question for more experienced owners. Is there a way to just leave the wipers on the "rain sensing" / automatic setting or do you have to turn this on every time you start the car and it's raining. One of the "quirks" perhaps compared to my VW. Cheers.
It's every time :( but the icon is fairly prominent ;)

Registered
One push down to turn on if it starts raining. One pull towards you for an intermittent wipe.

Registered
If it starts to rain I pull down one (auto) and leave it like that for the rest of the journey and usually they then take care of the rain.

I think they cannot be left on auto as sometimes you might not want it going off if the window was frozen for example which could damage the blades or even burn the motor out if the wipers were frozen to the window

Registered
Yes it goes crazy if there is ice on the sensor. Really easy just to switch them on every time you drive.

I don't use auto headlights much.

Registered
Falcman said:
I leave mine off, they don't react quick enough for my patience. What narks me is there is only one intermittent speed.

Registered
Mrsstuzilla said:
Yes it goes crazy if there is ice on the sensor. Really easy just to switch them on every time you drive.

I don't use auto headlights much.
The auto headlights are good and the only time I overide them really is if its foggy as it can be bright but foggy so the car does not think lights are needed.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the responses. Good point about the freezing / ice - fortunately we don't have that issue Down Under! Cheers.

Registered
Falcman said:
Thanks for all the responses. Good point about the freezing / ice - fortunately we don't have that issue Down Under! Cheers.
Show off ;)

The rear wiper also does not come on even when left on the next time you start car which again I think will be for ice. It's caught me out a few times when I go to turn it on and wash the window instead of just wipe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts