Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to take my Cactus in for repair this morning after some drunken yobs decided to pound on the bonnet last Wednesday night. :evil:

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
The2ems said:
Had to take my Cactus in for repair this morning after some drunken yobs decided to pound on the bonnet last Wednesday night. :evil:
That is bloody terrible...... complete idiots :roll:

Have you checked to see if there was CCTV close by. Any other cars damaged or did they just go for the one that dares to look different

·
Registered
735 Posts
The2ems said:
Note to Citroën - Airbumps® required on bonnet in Cactus MkII. :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
That's my biggest fear, that because I park in road outside ( don't have drive, or don't want to turn front garden into driveway) some smart arse will know about the cactus and the airbumps, and do something just like this!
I've been looking into getting some dash cameras to video front and back, as we do get some trucks and builders taking shortcuts down our road, not to mention the odd undesirable in the road late at night, plus there's some idiots on the road we all encounter while driving!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JohnYoung said:
The2ems said:
That is bloody terrible...... complete idiots :roll:

Have you checked to see if there was CCTV close by. Any other cars damaged or did they just go for the one that dares to look different
There were other cars also damaged in the neighbourhood. My daughter had heard a commotion outside at about 11:45pm. And someone shouted "effing Citroen" she said there were about 10 of them. But she waited until they had gone before coming to wake me. While we were outside looking at the damage, a police car pulled up. They said that they had been driving round for a while looking for the group. They had received several phone calls from other people. They rang me the following morning to say that they had someone in custody. But later that day they rang again to say they had to let him go on bail, as his interview was "no comment" to everything. He also refused to account for his movements the previous night. I had the CSI people come and dust for finger prints. But they found nothing. I am waiting to hear if they got anything from the other vehicles. To top it all, I have £200 excess on my insurance.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
That is awful - there are some numpty's around....

But Bewar3them00n said above that is my fear to that people see the airbumps and decide to "test" them out and do some real damage and of course with the car looking different it would get them going more such is the mental inability of these types of people

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JohnYoung said:

But Bewar3them00n said above that is my fear to that people see the airbumps and decide to "test" them out and do some real damage and of course with the car looking different it would get them going more such is the mental inability of these types of people
Yes I've thought that. They take it as a challenge.
On a different note, although I love my Cactus, I've got a Fiesta as a courtesy car and it really emphasises how poor the clutch is on the Cactus.

·
Registered
328 Posts
The2ems said:
Rotters :(

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
The2ems said:
JohnYoung said:

On a different note, although I love my Cactus, I've got a Fiesta as a courtesy car and it really emphasises how poor the clutch is on the Cactus.
Have you got a problem with your clutch - I have said many times I am VERY fussy when buying cars that the gearbox and clutch are right. I used to work as a driver at a garage and had many cars myself (a lot japanese) so I like a good feel to clutch and gearbox and it was one area I made sure with the cactus. Ours is spot on - lovely to use and operate

·
Registered
265 Posts
Bewar3them00n said:
That's my biggest fear, that because I park in road outside ( don't have drive, or don't want to turn front garden into driveway) some smart arse will know about the cactus and the airbumps, and do something just like this!
I've been looking into getting some dash cameras to video front and back, as we do get some trucks and builders taking shortcuts down our road, not to mention the odd undesirable in the road late at night, plus there's some idiots on the road we all encounter while driving!
In car cameras will only usually work when the ignition is on unless you power them direct from the battery, in which case you may come up against the daft Citroen circuit protection which prevents add-ons that it doesn't recognise - or something like that. There is a thread on it somewhere here. Of course running direct from the battery while the car is unoccupied will drain the battery to some degree depending how long you leave them on.

You'd be better off installing a small camera outside you upstairs front window as you can then tap into an indoor power source and record easier.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JohnYoung said:
The2ems said:
JohnYoung said:

Have you got a problem with your clutch - I have said many times I am VERY fussy when buying cars that the gearbox and clutch are right. I used to work as a driver at a garage and had many cars myself (a lot japanese) so I like a good feel to clutch and gearbox and it was one area I made sure with the cactus. Ours is spot on - lovely to use and operate
As others have said on this forum, it takes some getting used to. It seems that's it's either fully engaged, or fully disengaged. It's really difficult to explain really. I think of it as a damping effect. Five minutes of driving the Fiesta and I'm changing gear without any problems. With the Cactus it's always a conscious effort

·
Registered
348 Posts
Ditto the clutch - ours is as good as any Ford. Re the bonnet, only when you open it you realise how lightweight it is. Almost as if it's made of plastic or some form of composite (or cardboard :lol: ). For those of us used to a heavy bonnet you have to be careful when lifting you don't nearly launch it.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is what it looked like at the repairers with the new bonnet. I told them to try again.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Vacuman said:
Ditto the clutch - ours is as good as any Ford. Re the bonnet, only when you open it you realise how lightweight it is. Almost as if it's made of plastic or some form of composite (or cardboard :lol: ). For those of us used to a heavy bonnet you have to be careful when lifting you don't nearly launch it.
Yeah it came as a shock to me when I first opened it compared to our old Mazda 6 which was really heavy.

Its great though and much better to use. I think its made of aluminum if I remember right :cool:

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Second attempt by the repairers was not much better than the first. We eventually agreed that I would get my insurers to send an independent engineer to take a look. I've phoned today, and am now waiting for the engineer to ring me to arrange a time and day.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mrsstuzilla said:
Did they repair the damaged bonnet or fit you a new one? Either way they don't look to have done a very good job.
They fitted a new bonnet.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
JohnYoung said:
I think they threw it on not fitted it
Mrsstuzilla said:
I agree with John. Or it was fitted by work experience kids :lol:
There's nothing wrong with the bonnet fitting!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts