Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the latest firmware is, where to down load it, and how to install?
Thx

·
Registered
166 Posts
https://mega.nz/#F!ntEhlLTR!2TjMy1eo-Yf9q13MbVrnYA it´s 2018 :)

Format at usb (fat32, 4-12GB) plug and play ;)

Download the file, transfer it to a usb (fat32)
Start the car, enter the usb key. Wait approx. 3-8min and it will appear with a YES or NO to update. Click YES and then it starts, takes approx. 10-30min, you must have the car turned on while it is updating.

Once done, it will come up with the same update again and here you just choose NO and then you finish.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do I install the file before putting on the mem Stick?
If so do I put a single file on the stick with all the contents within or put all the separate files directly on the stick?

Regards mark

·
Registered
709 Posts
Peopleselbowpad said:
Thanks

And is that the file above? Does it matter what variant of Cactus you have?

Cheers
The web address above - https://mega.nz/#F!ntEhlLTR!2TjMy1eo-Yf9q13MbVrnYA is a site giving a list of various versions of the firmware- you can then download the one you want, but because it has been compressed (ie zipped), you will have to unzip it before loading to your USB memory stick.
The download might take a little time depending on your broadband speed.
Many computers can deal with the zip format but I see that the most recent firmware at that site has been zipped in 7z format - to unzip it you might also need to download some free 7z unzipping software...

AFAIK, these firmware downloads are for the SMEG plus unit fitted to the 2014 - 2017 series of Cactus, not for the 2018 models.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Excellent thread and I followed the instructions and updated without too much of a hitch. I noted that it took a while and the car needed to be "on" so I did the update during a trip that I knew would take a few hours. Whilst the upgrade worked the sat nav had issues until I restarted the car. I cannot notice any difference though. Are there release notes on what the upgrade includes? It's my only update to firmware since purchase nearly three years ago.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Matressontheside said:
Excellent thread and I followed the instructions and updated without too much of a hitch. I noted that it took a while and the car needed to be "on" so I did the update during a trip that I knew would take a few hours. Whilst the upgrade worked the sat nav had issues until I restarted the car. I cannot notice any difference though. Are there release notes on what the upgrade includes? It's my only update to firmware since purchase nearly three years ago.
Citroen don't seem to want anyone to know whats been changed and I've seen only anecdotal information on changes, which are mostly along the lines of faster boot-up, and after a bluetooth phone call: inhibiting the previously unwanted activation of the radio.
In a Peugeot Forum for the same SMEG plus unit I've also seen comments about loss of stereo when receiving FM radio signals, degraded DAB sensitivity, change of audio delay when using Bluetooth for music streaming etc. But these have mostly been subjective opinions without real evidence of before and after.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts