Attachments

·
Registered
725 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
The2ems said:
When you say you updated the touchscreen, do you mean you updated the sat nav maps?
I do not have built-in sat nav, I only updated the firmware of the touch screen.
But my touch screen supports Android Auto (by wire) so I can use Google maps or Waze of my Android Smartphone on the touchscreen to navigate.

·
Registered
C4 CACTUS PURETECH TOUCH 1.2 82 bhp
21 Posts
arp2012 said:
The2ems said:
When you say you updated the touchscreen, do you mean you updated the sat nav maps?
I do not have built-in sat nav, I only updated the firmware of the touch screen.
But my touch screen supports Android Auto (by wire) so I can use Google maps or Waze of my Android Smartphone on the touchscreen to navigate.
So how did you manage to do it, on Citroen webpage there is only an option to update the satnav, i dont see anything form the touchscreen

·
Registered
3 Posts
arp2012 said:
Yesterday I successfully updated my touchscreen from 084C to 085C firmware using the instructions from https://www.citroen.co.uk/owner-services/mycitroen-app-map-updates/update-my-navigation-system
Everything went very well without any problem. Only the download of the new firmware (6.6 Gb) from that site took a while - apparently Citroen UK is using a slow server.
Hello !!!!
New to forum i am from Greece i own a c4 cactus 1.5 diesel the last 9 months.
Today i tried to update the firmware of the screen (i dont have Gps and maps),i download the new firmware from my citroen app and the license key,i plased the downloads at a usb stick 32 gb fat 32 format, but when i try to do the update a message appears at the screen saying the usb is not compatible with the vehicle. any ideas? Please help

P.S. the app asked the Vin number so i believe that this is the correct update , also i download the firmware from the uk site and i had the same problem.

This is the version of my screen
View attachment 2324
an these are the files in usb
View attachment 2326

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
cgrig1981 said:
usb stick 32 gb fat 32 format, but when i try to do the update a message appears at the screen saying the usb is not compatible with the vehicle.
Hello! The problem is with your USB steak. I had to try two or three sticks.
How to solve this problem - do a full format of your stick (the file system of the stick should be FAT32).

·
Registered
2 Posts
goede middag ik heb sinds gisteren een cactus van 2017 met versie smeg 5.41.b.r4 cd26413 van 05-04-2016

kan iemand mij vertellen of de versie diehier onderstaat ook voor mijncactus is bedoeld??

kan iemand mij ook vertellenwaarom mijn usb vanme cactus niet mijn telefoon detecteerd wel oplaad kan geen mirror link aansluiten doet niks

hooor het graag van jullie

·
Registered
166 Posts
Not here, but have heard of some who experience problems if their firmware is very old and trying to update to latest. Then they must first update to one that may be in the middle between the old and new for there after updating to the last firmware

·
Registered
2 Posts
PeterW said:
Not here, but have heard of some who experience problems if their firmware is very old and trying to update to latest. Then they must first update to one that may be in the middle between the old and new for there after updating to the last firmware
It seems that micro sd card in system made me a problem. I just put old card and it works ok

·
Registered
2 Posts
Finnaly i did this :

1. installed the files on a usb stick formated with Fat32 4096KB
2. put all files in original folder
3. started car and waited for 3 minutes
4 inserted the USB stick
5 Message was on the screen UPDATE FILES IDENTIFY
6. UPDATE CAN NOT BE MADE
7. Reinserted STick Repeated steps 1 to 5
8. UPDATE STARTED finnaly

9. After 15 minutes update ended .
What i did not get :)

A. Software for bluetooth 0
B. Touch screen work softer and look a litlle bit slower
c. UPDATED TO SCREEN 32.00
That,s mean is the 1st update of the 3 available updates for my Citroen C4 Cactus.

Model Car Citroen C4 Cactus 1.2 PureTech ETg5
2014 .It is very strange to not have bluetooth software on in this car.
If you have any ideea how to ... please help me.

What upgrades i did:
1 added a Front /Back camera, you can connect reverse camera to the white wire on the backside of reverse light.
2. added backside parking sensors from Aliexpress ( not so briliant but they work)

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have just downloaded the MyCitroën app for my phone. I entered the VIN, and was told that there is a smart screen update. I've just innstalled the software onto my computer that allows me to download the update.

A leap into the unknown ...

Hopefully this will work and not muck up the whole car (although, since this is all organised for the owner to do at home, surely they would have to take some responsibility if it doesn't work!).

I already have the rear parking sensors, but can I add the reversing camera? I looked up how, and the kits have long cables and plugs that have to go all the way to the fuse box. Is it really as easy as plugging it into a socket next to the reversing light? I have just had a quick look online and found lots of demos but nothing about installation yet.

I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
74 Posts
MARIUSNL said:
1 added a Front /Back camera, you can connect reverse camera to the white wire on the backside of reverse light.
Any chance of a photo or two and some more information to show us how you connected the rear camera? I've had a look at the light cluster and cannot see any easy way of doing it. Which camera did you buy - and where from?

YouTube no help on this subject so far!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm getting close to my wits end. is there a way to force My Citreon app to give me info for updating my maps. I Have a c4 cactus 2016 and I am currently on UK map 107. Ive tried the website and every method I follow leads me round in circles. Even updated the firmware to 2018 rls. So any ideas guys ?

·
Registered
74 Posts
arp2012 said:
Yesterday I successfully updated my touchscreen from 084C to 085C firmware using the instructions from https://www.citroen.co.uk/owner-services/mycitroen-app-map-updates/update-my-navigation-system
Everything went very well without any problem. Only the download of the new firmware (6.6 Gb) from that site took a while - apparently Citroen UK is using a slow server.
This has given me some hope of success, but reading through the other posts I'm wondering if it is only worth installing if the map on the satnav needs updating. My Cactus doesn't have satnav, so the only improvements seem to be minimal and everything currently works fine... My wife's (newly acquired) Cactus has satnav - but perhaps this is something to do over Easter, just in case it goes wrong! With any luck, the update was done at the dealers during the last service. :?

Both our cars are 2019, and most problems seem to be (unfortunately) with older cars.

Just out of interest, how long did the update take to run?

·
Registered
2 Posts
B4lr1c said:
I'm getting close to my wits end. is there a way to force My Citreon app to give me info for updating my maps. I Have a c4 cactus 2016 and I am currently on UK map 107. Ive tried the website and every method I follow leads me round in circles. Even updated the firmware to 2018 rls. So any ideas guys ?
Is the 2018 rls the last version usable for a 2016 Cactus (110 PureTech)?

BTW I used a guy on ebay for latest download of full european maps, safety cams - 2021 edition. Worked perfectly. Good instructions too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all,

First post! Great community with loads of helpful help. Enjoying browsing through it. :)

I checked my "new" C4 Cactus's firmware and it looks to be, maybe, the version that came with the car: SMEG 5.1.F.R4 21/02/2014, so I thought I'd check the My Citroën app for updates. Quite a bit of this is not working correctly. That could be another story ... but I guess/hope update related.

The Citroën link someone posted previously for VIN entry and download etc is no longer valid, instead you get referred to the My Citroën app.

The mega.nz link no longer works either.

Does anyone know of any other safe sources for the firmware other than a local Citroën dealer? I'm not too worried about getting any new maps at this point, I'd rather just get the system working properly first.

Thanks for any pointers. :)

61 - 80 of 90 Posts