Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you.

It looks slightly different from the earlier one. I'll give it a try. Appreciate your help.

:)

EDIT: Thank you, that link worked fine. Now to go try it out! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Okay, so I did several upgrades, wary of trying to leap too far with one. Not much difference between any of them in my view, just an overall speedier booting of the system. Reversing camera seems the same. Radio still not able to be turned-off - unless it's a hidden setting I haven't yet found.

My original map data survived untouched. Though I noted it disappeared once the update had completed but was back to normal once the car rebooted the system on a fresh start.

Parking sensors still don't seem to work, but that's been the same from the start and the main reason I decided to try an update in the first place. Maybe I've misunderstood something. When the Parking Sensor button is pressed the yellow band appears at the top of it, but the text still states "Off". The yellow band toggles on or off but the "Off" stays. No audio from them when reversing. Am I missing something? Also the trip-counter Reset buttons do nothing. I have to press the button on the end of the wiper stalk to clear them.

Otherwise a painless process if the earlier guide from Stoian on page 6 is followed.

Thanks PeterW for the updated firmware link :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
This page helped me tons with making the updates (firmware and maps), it's in Spanish but I guess you can translate it within your browser. The links to download the 2018 firmware and 2020 maps are all there, along with written instructions and video on how to make the updates. I updated my 2014 cactus which had the oldest 2013 firmware version and maps without a glitch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
All good now.

Final map and speed camera update along with latest SMEG+ firmware for vehicle and everything back to working as it should - including the parking sensors.

I think the firmware that came with the car when new had not been updated since, so thanks to everyone for the help and links. Good to have everything operational.(y):)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm new here :) and would like to ask you for help!
I've been browsing through several pages searching for:

Android Auto activation or Mirror Link activation on:

Cactus RipCurl 2016 1.2 PureTec

Does anyone know the procedure?

I'm about to buy the car this week and want to make sure mirroring or android auto can run on it (now there's only a Browser option).

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
240 Posts
I'm new here :) and would like to ask you for help!
I've been browsing through several pages searching for:

Android Auto activation or Mirror Link activation on:

Cactus RipCurl 2016 1.2 PureTec

Does anyone know the procedure?

I'm about to buy the car this week and want to make sure mirroring or android auto can run on it (now there's only a Browser option).

Thank you!
As far as I'm aware you can't enable these features on the older cars via software alone - the only methods I've seen are the ones that introduce new hardware but it's quite expensive.

I have followed the above, inserted USB into car, it asks if i want to update but then gives me an error saying compatibility check failed- do you know what this means? Am i doing something wrong?
It's a while since I've done this so I'm a bit foggy but are you using a 16GB USB stick that's formatted to FAT 32?

·
Registered
1 Posts
There have been 4 updates since your version, the latest appears to be 5.43.A.R2
Does the USB-port in the car connect to the radio so the file(s) can be transferred to the unit, or is the USB-port for charging purposes only? My Cactus is a 2017 model with SMEG5.41.B.R4 of 05-04-16.
In order to update to the latest firmware do I have to upload one file at a time into the unit? So it is with most operating systems: one at a time, because the individual files contain changes necessary for updating to newer versions.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
240 Posts
Does the USB-port in the car connect to the radio so the file(s) can be transferred to the unit, or is the USB-port for charging purposes only? My Cactus is a 2017 model with SMEG5.41.B.R4 of 05-04-16.
In order to update to the latest firmware do I have to upload one file at a time into the unit? So it is with most operating systems: one at a time, because the individual files contain changes necessary for updating to newer versions.
Thanks
Yes, the USB port is used for the update - when you insert a correctly formatted USB stick with the update files on the system detects this and kicks the process off.

In order to do the update you copy all of the files from the update bundle onto the USB and it does its thing.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts