Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this out by accident. Last night I left my side lights on but the chime didn't sound. Went to car this morning and even though the stork was turned to side lights , everything was off. Flat battery I thought ? But no, must be a safety thing. Started first time and sidelights came on. Anyone else noticed this ?

Tony

·
Registered
116 Posts
One minor gripe I have is that if you have the rear wiper on and then switch off the engine, when you re-start, the wiper doesn't come on again. You have to switch it off and then on again :roll: I often start up the car again and think they are off and then turn the control only to get the rear washer going when I don't need it! My DS3 was same. I'd also prefer it if when using auto front wipe, you could send still flick down for a single wipe - in the DS3 you could, but the Cactus flicking down just puts it back into manual modern again, so you have to flick down twice!! :shock: Anyone else feel the same, or am I being too fussy?? ;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
visorfett said:
Has the cactus got follow me home lights? Still waiting for mine so can't test!

Usually a flash of lights with the key out and door open usually turns then on for a minute.
Yes, you can....either by flashing the lights in manual mode, or if you have auto lights and leave it in that position when switching off the lights stay on for a while. I have to say they don't stay on for as long as they did on the DS3...sounds like I'm being a bit picky today doesn't it??!! :geek:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mrsstuzilla said:
I always think people think I'm a bit of a div who has left the lights on when they come on in a car park :lol:
Hahaha...yes I've had helpful people comment as I lock the car "did you know your lights are on?" I have to then point out the clever feature that came with my wonderful new car!! :D

·
Registered
316 Posts
Only realised myself recently when the dark nights. I am always in the pubs and clubs at night time. It's taxis then.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Cloud9 said:
One minor gripe I have is that if you have the rear wiper on and then switch off the engine, when you re-start, the wiper doesn't come on again. You have to switch it off and then on again :roll: I often start up the car again and think they are off and then turn the control only to get the rear washer going when I don't need it! My DS3 was same. I'd also prefer it if when using auto front wipe, you could send still flick down for a single wipe - in the DS3 you could, but the Cactus flicking down just puts it back into manual modern again, so you have to flick down twice!! :shock: Anyone else feel the same, or am I being too fussy?? ;)
I think you can still single wipe the screen, while the auto-wipe is active, by pulling the stalk towards you, rather than pushing it down, this should leave auto-wipe in whatever mode it was in.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Cloud9 said:
I think it's to prevent damage to the wiper blades in the event of them freezing to the screen. It was the same on my old C4 too and I came to this conclusion as a set of blades (when it first came out) were £40+... :lol:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I wanted to leave my side lights on the other night because I was parked in a dark place near a corner but I couldn't work out how you do this. The side lights go off with the ignition.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
geoffus said:
I wanted to leave my side lights on the other night because I was parked in a dark place near a corner but I couldn't work out how you do this. The side lights go off with the ignition.
Yes I had that to..... But does the light stay on with the indicator stork as a parking light.... So the light would stay on corasponding to which side you put the indicator stork to

G

·
JohnYoung said:
Yes I had that to..... But does the light stay on with the indicator stork as a parking light.... So the light would stay on corasponding to which side you put the indicator stork to
That's right

·
Registered
116 Posts
Zippy said:
Cloud9 said:
I think you can still single wipe the screen, while the auto-wipe is active, by pulling the stalk towards you, rather than pushing it down, this should leave auto-wipe in whatever mode it was in.
Nice one Zippy, tried it yesterday and you are spot on - a single brief pull in auto-wipe mode gives a single wipe without the washer activating. Didn't pick that up from the manual, although I did find the wording slightly confusing so good job other people are on the ball! :D

·
Registered
644 Posts
On a side note when we had to have the windscreen replaced the chap that did it didn't know about the water being inside the wipers. He pulled on the lever for ages thinking he was waiting for squirters to do their thing up the windscreen! There was me going noooooo you've used all the washer fluid now! :lol:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Cloud9 said:
I'd also prefer it if when using auto front wipe, you could send still flick down for a single wipe - in the DS3 you could, but the Cactus flicking down just puts it back into manual modern again, so you have to flick down twice!! :shock: Anyone else feel the same, or am I being too fussy?? ;)
You are not being too fussy, but you are missing a trick. Pull the stalk in for a quick wipe. It you just flick it, the washer doesn't kick in and you get a wipe. Hold it in, and you get a wash and wipe.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.