Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

When I lift my wipers during washing or to get rid of snow, I realized that they scratch side of bonnet.
Do you have the same problem?
Or do you know how to solve it?
I want to know before going to service.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yes.. same here. But i realised and didnt do any damage at least.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Yes it would do it on mine but only on passenger side (just checked) bad design there but if you park the wipers vertical up the window it should be OK

·
Registered
185 Posts
After switching off the ignition activate the wipers via the stalk within 30 seconds. They will park themselves in the vertical position so you can lift them safely without touching the bonnet

·
Registered
57 Posts
yes I mentioned this some time ago. some other car brands have the same concern. you would think the clever people who design cars would have thought of a better way to position the wipers. I believe its their way of reducing drag by tucking the wipers as close to and under the bonnet edge.

·
Registered
4 Posts
mertozelci said:
Hi all,

When I lift my wipers during washing or to get rid of snow, I realized that they scratch side of bonnet.
That kind of cheers me up a bit. I thought I was the only one to do that!
Well, I did to ours in a car wash and now it's off to the body shop for paint touch-up (hopefully) :(

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
JohnC said:
After switching off the ignition activate the wipers via the stalk within 30 seconds. They will park themselves in the vertical position so you can lift them safely without touching the bonnet
Yeah but /\ above /\ works great......

Plus I think the bonnet on the cactus is aluminum so no worries about rust where it has scuffed

·
Registered
129 Posts
JohnYoung said:
JohnC said:

Plus I think the bonnet on the cactus is aluminum so no worries about rust where it has scuffed
Aluminium corrosion can be just as nasty, it's white instead of brown like rust and spreads under the paint rather than making holes like steel rust. You see it on alloy wheels as those lumpy bits with the white powder or residue.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Moderators please make this a sticky as this is not the first time this has arisen. Please stress to read manual prior to complaining.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Rattlegun said:
JohnYoung said:
JohnC said:

Aluminium corrosion can be just as nasty, it's white instead of brown like rust and spreads under the paint rather than making holes like steel rust. You see it on alloy wheels as those lumpy bits with the white powder or residue.

That's good to know - thank you :shock:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi, after reading the posts about wipers catching bonnet, as I have not yet tried my wipers, saying that the car was 8 months old, when I bought it, I had a look, and was surprised to see I can lift my wipers up with out touching the bonnet. Quess I must be one of the lucky ones. Saying that, the benefits of this forum is you can bring to attention to fellow owners, problems before damage is done in many cases. So we'll done to all you guys. Cheers, from Allan.
Tapernade grey 1.6 bluehdi feel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Exactly the same thing happened to me shortly after I picked up my Cactus in Nov 14. I am still waiting as of March 16 for a deep purple touch up pen. Has anyone else had any success in getting a touch up pen in this colour :?:

·
Registered
735 Posts
Black permanent maker pen works on Obsidian Black :(

·
Registered
265 Posts
juicey70 said:
Exactly the same thing happened to me shortly after I picked up my Cactus in Nov 14. I am still waiting as of March 16 for a deep purple touch up pen. Has anyone else had any success in getting a touch up pen in this colour :?:
Maybe a craft / hobby shop might have something in that colour

·
Registered
14 Posts
Lacquered over nail varnish is pretty hard wearing for small repairs also comes in loads and loads of shades.
Not that I would know about the colours obviously :D

·
Registered
185 Posts
juicey70 said:
Not a pen but have ordered a touch up kit from www.carpaintwizard.co.uk just put the paint code in and select which kit.

·
Registered
265 Posts
JohnC said:
juicey70 said:
Not a pen but have ordered a touch up kit from http://www.carpaintwizard.co.uk just put the paint code in and select which kit.
Thanks for this link. Which kit would you recommend? We never know when you'll need it with a car with this color we have. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts