Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one considered upgrading their headlights to a whiter light, not Xenons. Is it feasible, would it affect the canbus?

My headlights are adequate, I just like the look.

·
Registered
626 Posts
You could try the bulbs that claim greater efficiencies and output like Philips Extreme bulbs. These types of bulbs are the correct wattage but burn hotter due to the gas used in the bulb. The downside is their life can be shorter compared to normal bulbs.

There should be no effect to the CANBUS.

HID retrofit fit kits are technically illegal and breach numerous construction and use, EU type approval and MOT regs.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I had these Philips bulbs fitted in my Abarth as the headlamps on them are very poor. Obviously you need to check fitment for the Cactus.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00NMEEV9W/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1446284038&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=philips+extreme+vision&dpPl=1&dpID=51QN4eT3qZL&ref=plSrch

HID lamps are completely different using different bulb and gas types requiring high voltage and ballasts to ignite them. Their fitment requires additional items fitted on the car - auto levelling systems and headlamp washers and hence typically only installed at vehicle build.

In recent years retro fit kits have been made available however their use with traditional reflector headlamps causes beam scatter and severe glare and as a result been deemed 'illegal' (not approved for road use/MOT failure).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts