Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a lagoon blue Cactus at the end of May, to be delivered in September (for new reg plates) but I am still waiting and was told today that nothing will happen this month.....so I'm looking now at November. Has anyone else experienced such long delays?

·
Registered
735 Posts
And I thought I was hard done by! Ordered 18th June 2015 and has arrived today at dealers but have to wait until 21st October for preparation and paperwork to be completed :( I moaned about a month ago on Citroën Facebook page and they invited me to send details via pm resulting in £250 compo :)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Yes I paid £500

·
Registered
735 Posts
I should have added that I was paying 40% deposit including the £500 and 0% interest over 3 years

·
Registered
41 Posts
ukhelen said:
Ordered a lagoon blue Cactus at the end of May, to be delivered in September (for new reg plates) but I am still waiting and was told today that nothing will happen this month.....so I'm looking now at November. Has anyone else experienced such long delays?
That's crazy. I ordered in mid June for delivery asap and received it last week. Think you may well have the longest wait award.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I ordered first week sept and called dealership today. Guestimate from dealership was november and that is still on track. The chap said probably nearer the end of November. :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ordered mine first week August and was told around end October for delivery. Judging by comments on here cannot see Santa bringing mine!
Sold the car it is replacing but am fortunate enough to also have a C CROSSER, one of the very last produced............. best car I have ever owned.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ordered mine ( top of range, which used to make a difference years ago!) start of July with a 12 week delivery estimate, that time has come and gone. The dealer has said my car is due to reach them week commencing 2nd November according to the Citroen computer system.
I know most others are in the same boat but it is a bit frustrating and we also are a family struggling along with one car at the mo.

Only one consolation being I keep seeing 2nd hand Cactus' more expensive than I've paid new!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
This is my saga to date:

19th Aug. - Placed order with dealer who said that there would be a 'Flair' production run in October.

18th Sept. notified of build start date of 19th October.

24th Sept. notified of revised later build start date now 06th of November.

Also on 24th Sept. estimated delivery date 30th November on order form received today.

02nd Oct. notified that the build date has been brought forward to 26th Oct.

The dealer said that once built it would take 17 days to get it to the UK and 4 more to get it to the dealer. I don't know how long they take to build.

·
Registered
128 Posts
They are made in Spain, Madrid actually. I believe the spec of the car has an effect on the build time. Ours had lots of extras and was ordered the beginning of May, we took delivery just over 12 weeks later.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Not sure what '29/09' refers to but car at dealers on 15/10 :)

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have updated my earlier post. To be fair to the dealer, when I ordered he did say that there would be a Flair production run in October. Not sure whether that was just smoke and mirrors.

I had considered that maybe the month gap between ordering in Aug and receiving the Citroen order form a month later might be something to do with the dealer not actually placing the order with Citroen until late September. Maybe he timed it to help with his sales targets for the month or quarter?

Or maybe I'm paranoid!!!!

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.