Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting the dreaded "Engine Fault - please repair faulty engine" message have connected the Odb2 and found the fault to be low Fan sensor.

How much should I expect to pay to get this fixed?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I know this is an old thread, but does anyone have a current part number or a link to where they can be bought.
I have this from another thread: <<C1267J6 / B1D3 Fan Control>> but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm bumping this as I also need to find this part and like Stevie also cannot find the part number mentioned anywhere.

What would also be helpful is a pic showing exactly where I fit the part on the car.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Stevieblueyez said:
Hi, I know this is an old thread, but does anyone have a current part number or a link to where they can be bought.
I have this from another thread: <<C1267J6 / B1D3 Fan Control>> but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated.
Have you managed to find the part yet mate ?

I haven't and no replys about it in the other thread I have open either :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, is it possible please someone could point me in the direction to where I can find this sensor under the bonnet?
Think I may be having the same issue. Driving back from London to Hull yesterday in 30°C heat and with the a/c on the whole journey. Got within 25 miles of home and "engine fault: have vehicle repaired", 3 beeps and "service" illuminated. I immediately turned off the a/c, dropped the speed and carefully drove home.
After leaving the car to cool down I connected up the OBDII reader which gave no codes.
This morning at 7am, it drove fine with no warnings on the display. Coming home, in another 30°C this evening it came back on.

So, a photo of location or detailed description of location of the low speed fan sensor would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, is it possible please someone could point me in the direction to where I can find this sensor under the bonnet?
Think I may be having the same issue. Driving back from London to Hull yesterday in 30°C heat and with the a/c on the whole journey. Got within 25 miles of home and "engine fault: have vehicle repaired", 3 beeps and "service" illuminated. I immediately turned off the a/c, dropped the speed and carefully drove home.
After leaving the car to cool down I connected up the OBDII reader which gave no codes.
This morning at 7am, it drove fine with no warnings on the display. Coming home, in another 30°C this evening it came back on.

So, a photo of location or detailed description of location of the low speed fan sensor would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Cancel that!

After some Googling I found some pics showing detailed location. Ordered sensor/resistor off Ebay, £11.99 👍🏻

·
Super Moderator
274 Posts
Glad you got sorted @HullCactus63 - I did mine not so long ago and popped a post up on here with a few pictures, it's a very easy job once the airbox gubbins is out of the way.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Glad you got sorted @HullCactus63 - I did mine not so long ago and popped a post up on here with a few pictures, it's a very easy job once the airbox gubbins is out of the way.

Yes thanks. All sorted. Did it tonight. Took me all of 15 minutes. Hardest part was prising the electric connectors off the old one. Thanks for the reply.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts