Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of trying to resolve yet another issue with my wife's 2016 C4 with the 1.6 BlueHDi 100 engine - essentially at low speeds the engine warning notification appears on the main screen along with the yellow "SERVICE" light on the cluster and then the engine fan comes on at high speed.

From what I've read on here this sounds like the low speed fan sensor / resistor could be at fault - would you agree?

Personal protective equipment Toy Helmet Automotive design Automotive exterior

I'm just trying to find the part number for this to make sure I get the right one, from what I can see it looks like the OEM reference is 1267J6 / 9662872380 - does that look right to those of you who have replaced one previously?

The car isn't here right now so I can't check the existing one for part numbers so I thought I'd see if you lovely people can help me out so I can order a new one today.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just in case anyone else comes up against this one I got the part number I mentioned in my earlier message (1267J6 / 9827870080) and it fit with no issues - resolved the issue with the fan coming on and was a doddle to fit.

Some photos of the old / new part for comparison as well as some shots of where it fits in case it helps anyone in the future.

I used eBay seller "NeatCarParts" - service was fast, pricing was on a par with sellers pretending to be in the UK but actually in China, around £12.00.

Listing details will change in the future but at the time of writing this is active:

(if it disappears just look up 9827870080 in his listings for the latest one)

Update - August 2022 - I've just noticed that "Neat Car Parts" are now selling this sensor for £34.99 rather than the ~£12.00 I paid :(

If anyone finds other sources please feel free to share them here for those affected in the future.

Motor vehicle Light Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior
Gas Engineering Machine Automotive wheel system Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design
Car Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive design
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design Automotive wheel system Gas

Font Rectangle Automotive tire Material property Gas

·
Super Moderator
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the information I had already bought the part before finding your post, but your photos were very helpful
No problem at all, I couldn't find anything similar online when I was looking for an indication on where the sensor lived so I thought I'd take a few photos in case they might be useful to others, I'm glad they were :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
fter much searching I could not find the part number for the relay as the numbers on it are not the part number. The steeler relieved me of £90 to find out you can pay as little as £12 for one. On our 1.6 cactus100 hdi as soon as you pressed the Ac button the engine fault light came on and the code reader said there was a fault to ground.
Part number is 9827870080 and the relay has 98372a 01 moulded on it .
Hope this helps someone

·
Super Moderator
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fter much searching I could not find the part number for the relay as the numbers on it are not the part number. The steeler relieved me of £90 to find out you can pay as little as £12 for one. On our 1.6 cactus100 hdi as soon as you pressed the Ac button the engine fault light came on and the code reader said there was a fault to ground.
Part number is 9827870080 and the relay has 98372a 01 moulded on it .
Hope this helps someone
That's a shame - I tried to share the numbers I had and links to the cheaper ones as soon I found them, it's unbelievable that the main dealers are happy to sell a part for £90 that others can sell on, and still make a profit, at nearly 1/10th of that.

It's the people paying the £90 and for an hour of labour for it fitting I feel most sorry for.

·
Super Moderator
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've just noticed that "Neat Car Parts" are now selling this sensor for £34.99 rather than the ~£12.00 I paid :(

If anyone finds other sources please feel free to share them here for those affected in the future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts