Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He's here. Everyone meet Christophe....minus his red mirrors and decal :cry:

I've taken him for a drive this afternoon and the only thing I don't like is the sound of the engine in 1st and 2nd gear, it sounds like a diesel.

My husband asked if I was sure it wasn't a diesel....I said I hope not, I've filled him up with unleaded lol!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
735 Posts
Loopyloo20 said:
I've taken him for a drive this afternoon and the only thing I don't like is the sound of the engine in 1st and 2nd gear, it sounds like a diesel.
It's the Cactus roar - I'm sure it'll grow on you ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JohnYoung said:
Looking nice - nice wheels

So which version is it - 110 ?
Yes 110 Flair. I nearly shed a tear saying goodbye to my beautiful Mon Chèrie (my DS3), and for a moment thought I'd made a horrible mistake, but Christophe is growing on me. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cactus4us said:
Loopyloo20 said:
I've taken him for a drive this afternoon and the only thing I don't like is the sound of the engine in 1st and 2nd gear, it sounds like a diesel.
It's the Cactus roar - I'm sure it'll grow on you ;)
So it's not just mine then? Thank goodness, was getting worried for a moment :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
Loopyloo20 said:
I nearly shed a tear saying goodbye to my beautiful Mon Chèrie (my DS3), and for a moment thought I'd made a horrible mistake, but Christophe is growing on me. :D
Know that feeling... My DS3 was my mistress but both DS3 and Cactus are well designed and with personal touch so the change was very easy and the Cactus is a great companion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ran said:
Loopyloo20 said:
I nearly shed a tear saying goodbye to my beautiful Mon Chèrie (my DS3), and for a moment thought I'd made a horrible mistake, but Christophe is growing on me. :D
Know that feeling... My DS3 was my mistress but both DS3 and Cactus are well designed and with personal touch so the change was very easy and the Cactus is a great companion.
I actually wanted the DS4 Crossback but when researching, I came across the Cactus and decided it was much better, and had great reviews.

It's not a patch on my lovely DS3 yet and has a few quirks, but I'm sure I'll grow to love him!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
344 Posts
Personally love the sound of the triple.
my daughters C1 has the 3 cyl. and has the same off beat
with a motorcycling background its like listening to modern-day Triumphs and MV's
and not dissimilar to the sound made by a straight 6 (BMW 520i)

also like how quiet it is when not leaning on the loud pedal. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Found you a pic for your startup screen, but can't seem to find it without the 123vector thingie, so maybe only way to get it is to download it from their official site, but this suits your Cristophe:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
110bhp too and I actually wish my engine sounded more throaty in those lower gears after all its the turbo kicking in, it should sound like its swallowed Vin Diesel.

Love your colour choice. I think I prefer it without the rear stripe. More "stealth" :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:eek:
JohnYoung said:
Yeah the 110 is know for a roar and its 3-cyclinder so might sound odd to some used to 4-cyclinder cars.
It does indeed!! I went for a long-ish run today, I'm getting used to it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
berapotter said:
Personally love the sound of the triple.
my daughters C1 has the 3 cyl. and has the same off beat
with a motorcycling background its like listening to modern-day Triumphs and MV's
and not dissimilar to the sound made by a straight 6 (BMW 520i)

also like how quiet it is when not leaning on the loud pedal. :D
You're quite right, hes growing on me...slowly :lol: :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gss said:
Found you a pic for your startup screen, but can't seem to find it without the 123vector thingie, so maybe only way to get it is to download it from their official site, but this suits your Cristophe:

That is definetly a Christophe! Thank you, I'll have a play and see what I can do :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Adrian said:
110bhp too and I actually wish my engine sounded more throaty in those lower gears after all its the turbo kicking in, it should sound like its swallowed Vin Diesel.

Love your colour choice. I think I prefer it without the rear stripe. More "stealth" :cool:
Mine is very throaty, takes some getting used to! I'm getting used to the all black look...its all slowly growing on me. :lol:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top