Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Picked up my cactus a week ago. Only needed to wait two weeks! I got the 1.2 110 bhp petrol, shark grey, grey airbumps with red mirrors and inserts.

Anyway my question is what are you guys getting out of a full tank in term of miles/kilometres.

Thanks,
Ben

·
Registered
169 Posts
With a few miles on it, my car can now do 500 miles on a tank.

·
Registered
316 Posts
No, just keep your foot off the pedal for the first 1000 and you will be fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Moro said:
Thanks for that info. When you say with a few miles on it, was it not the case for the first few full tanks?

·
Registered
316 Posts
It's up to you, if you look after your car from day one you reap the benefits later on. Just like having a baby.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have had my HDi92 ETG6 flair since Feb and have done nearly 10,000 miles. I am averaging around 61mpg overall, calculated manually, as the car trip computer has the average more around the 68mpg mark. I can get it better but I can then feel the eyes of the following drivers burning into the back of my neck :?

I am well happy with those figures to be honest.

Chris.

·
Registered
169 Posts
benfox said:
Moro said:
Thanks for that info. When you say with a few miles on it, was it not the case for the first few full tanks?
When new, it did about 46mpg; there has been a steady improvement, and now with 3k miles on it I get about 54mpg.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Same here, as the engine runs in the mpg gets better. I have had 72mpg over a 40 journey and mine is the Diesel automatic !. I am very pleased and the size of the car it's brilliant mpg.

·
Registered
316 Posts
You won't regret it getting a Cactus, it's so comfortable like sitting in an armchair. I have had mine since late January, so pleased with it and at the time I ordered it I had only seen pictures and reviews on the Internet. I did test drive one in December and I have never looked back. I ordered mine in October 2014.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 1.6 BlueHDI diesel has just over 1k miles on the clock now, and is doing just shy of 500miles on a tank of Diesel when mainly city driving. When I do motorway it gets a little more but suspect as I get better at remembering to use the Eco-mode and at driving it in general (had an auto for years before this!) I'll get 500miles/tank consistently.

Anyone else finding the tank fills with about 40litres (thought it was a 50l tank) from allegedly near-empty (according to the gauge/on-screen warnings)?

benfox said:
Hi all! Picked up my cactus a week ago. Only needed to wait two weeks! I got the 1.2 110 bhp petrol, shark grey, grey airbumps with red mirrors and inserts.

Anyway my question is what are you guys getting out of a full tank in term of miles/kilometres.

Thanks,
Ben

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for letting me know. Just emptied the first tank on it and got 690km, well impressed with that!!

·
Registered
644 Posts
I don't know the exact mileage from a tank as we never let it go right down but I do know that we fill up about a third less than we used to with a 1.9l seat.

·
Registered
316 Posts
The fuel tanks are 50L for petrol and 45L for the diesel. Just got 68mpg today over a 50 miles round trip.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts