Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Feel 1.6 with 16 inch wheels. Today I drove a set distance that online was recorded as 2.35 miles using googlemaps and an other online map. The car didn't even trip over to 2 miles. Tonight i tested the same journey using a satnav app on my phone which tripped over to 2.2miles when I hit home.

Could it be that my car is setup for a different size of wheels?

If the wheels are set up incorrectly could I be out of line with the speedometer and driving at different speeds to what I should be. The app was recording 2 mph below the car.

·
Registered
626 Posts
As supplied from the factory the difference in wheel size 16-17 would be no more than a 2mph error @30mph, 3mph at 50mph.... well within the over read tolerance of the speedo. I doubt very much there is a factory setting for the wheel diameter.

The Satnav apps on phones are notoriously inaccurate - set one to trace your route and you will see the track wanders all over the place taking shortcuts and diversions off to places you did not go.

I'd hazard a guess that you car is right and your phone is wrong....whichever apps you use the phone is using the same method of GPS/Position calculation and hence introducing the same errors.

·
Registered
185 Posts
You will probably find that the profile of the tyre on the 17" rim is smaller than that of the 16" thus giving the same rolling radius.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.