Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I collected my Cactus a week ago and although it's easy on the eye and a fun car to drive, I don't believe I am splitting hairs when I list the items that are missing and really ought to be standard kit:

(1) Only three air vents in the front, the passenger gets only one, albeit a larger one, and they cannot be shut off.
(2) No handles about your head to aid getting in and out.
(3) No rear ceiling light, at least not on my glass roof model,
(4) No cubby holes or nets in the boot to store items such as torch, scraper or deicer.
(5) Biggest, the puny battery capacity, I cannot listen to the radio for more than ten minutes before it goes in to saver mode and I have to run the engine for a few minutes

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have a Flair and it is the same. It does not bother me with the things that are not standard. The vents do close off if necessary.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Most of that stuff was clearly printed in the literature and a quick look at the demo vehicle shows you that.

Boot luggage net was an optional extra and is listed as an accessory. There are pockets in the seats.

Sounds like it's just an auto off eco function on the radio. I'm sure I've noticed something in the manual about the radio.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The energy eco mode is on page 207 of the owners manual.

Apparently it's 40mins then it's switches on to Eco.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I don't think I have ever had a car that had a boot net that came with it. The mazda 6 we have now is pretty high spec with cruise control etc and that has no boot net.

They are pennies to buy - I have seen them in the pound shop

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cymro said:
Most of that stuff was clearly printed in the literature and a quick look at the demo vehicle shows you that.

Boot luggage net was an optional extra and is listed as an accessory. There are pockets in the seats.

Sounds like it's just an auto off eco function on the radio. I'm sure I've noticed something in the manual about the radio.
Thanks for your reply, but handles above the doors, cubbies for stowing essential motoring items in the boot and air vents without the shut offs, lack of rear light aren't items that would appear on a spec sheet. And when you're taking a test drive you can't spot everything. It's Citroen penny pinching sadly.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cymro said:
The energy eco mode is on page 207 of the owners manual.

Apparently it's 40mins then it's switches on to Eco.
Thanks, I'll look

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JohnYoung said:
I don't think I have ever had a car that had a boot net that came with it. The mazda 6 we have now is pretty high spec with cruise control etc and that has no boot net.

They are pennies to buy - I have seen them in the pound shop
But where to attach. I'm more bothered about having cubbies either side to stow things like deicer, things that I won't store in the rear doors where I transport my toddler

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mark said:
I have a Flair and it is the same. It does not bother me with the things that are not standard. The vents do close off if necessary.
You can push them to face away but not shut off, I like a cool breeze where as my wife is unable to close her air vent

·
Registered
116 Posts
I found that by turning the driver face vent fully to the left it shut off...If not completely then as good as? I have to say I find the ventilation very good in this car, which surprised me somewhat with one less vent. I'm inclined to agree that the boot should have more storage cubbies - I've put in a storage thing I bought from Halfords...It has about 4 compartments that can store things like de-icer, cloths, spare bulbs, squeegee, torch etc. It attaches to the rear of the back seat at boot floor level and really doesn't take up much space. I would be happier though if the front seats had pockets on the back on the standard trim - I do think on the top model that's a bit stingy... :(

·
Registered
41 Posts
A very big part of the ethos of the Cactus is that it is stripped of unnecessary elements and all those little things add up to decent weight saving which means a more efficient, nimble and cheaper car. If you want these things either buy the accessories or get a car that's loaded with stuff. I'm going to add a boot liner (might get the official airbump one for fits and giggles) and probably some alloy rim protectors.

·
Registered
644 Posts
These are all things you'd have realised if you'd read the specs or test driven a cactus. Seems like you don't like the car much and are finding faults. There are a lot of very happy owners on this forum who love their cacti!

I'm just cross it doesn't have a glove box full of fifty pound notes but hey ho. ;)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cloud9 said:
I found that by turning the driver face vent fully to the left it shut off...If not completely then as good as? I have to say I find the ventilation very good in this car, which surprised me somewhat with one less vent. I'm inclined to agree that the boot should have more storage cubbies - I've put in a storage thing I bought from Halfords...It has about 4 compartments that can store things like de-icer, cloths, spare bulbs, squeegee, torch etc. It attaches to the rear of the back seat at boot floor level and really doesn't take up much space. I would be happier though if the front seats had pockets on the back on the standard trim - I do think on the top model that's a bit stingy... :(
I like the idea of the Halfords storage thing, I'll take a look. I've just ordered a boot protector for £29 from Amazon, pretty essential for the loading and unloading of push chairs with dirty wheels

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mrsstuzilla said:
And the air vents do shut off! Have a play with them!
How if they don't have a lever or wheel, guess I'll have a play!

·
Registered
128 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great advice and a nice colour choice too, I have the same except for the bits

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sjoiner said:
A very big part of the ethos of the Cactus is that it is stripped of unnecessary elements and all those little things add up to decent weight saving which means a more efficient, nimble and cheaper car. If you want these things either buy the accessories or get a car that's loaded with stuff. I'm going to add a boot liner (might get the official airbump one for fits and giggles) and probably some alloy rim protectors.
Point taken, we all love our Cacti for that reason, but try telling my elderly father that, handles above the doors won't break the bank nor add much weight

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.