Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some inspiration as to where and how to mount my phone. Have any of you got or tried anything like this? What did you do? Where did you put it? The perfect position for the phone is occupied by the car's own screen.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I stuck a dashboard mount disc on the drivers' side air vent and mounted my mobile holder on that. Works well and a USB lead reaches from the dash socket to the phone. It is in good line of sight but not distracting.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Brodit Mounts are usually pretty good but looking at their installation guide it looks like they too struggled for inspiration...

http://www.brodit.se/product.html?locale=en&id=855042&pn=prod&brand=Citroen&model=C4%20Cactus&year=2015

I have one of these and was used in the Abarth with rock hard suspension and held the phones perfectly. Not cheap but very good, but also relies on the air vent being used so not ideal.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kenu-Airframe-Portable-Car-Mount/dp/B00D901B4W/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1441214992&sr=1-2&keywords=iphone+holder

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got Bluetooth, so for calls it can just stay in my pocket. But I don't have sat nav, so I want to be able to see the screen for that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BristolRich said:
looking at their installation guide it looks like they too struggled for inspiration...

Not cheap but very good, but also relies on the air vent being used so not ideal.
This is what I am finding so hard. I dont want to lose a vent, but I want to keep the phone in the centre. My other issue with Brodit is the phone holder part. It doesn't look like it will take the phone with a case.

Looks like I might have to try it on the other side of the steering wheel, or find a way to mount it portrait wise above the built in screen.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Have you thought about something like this? It won't cover the vents or need anything stuck to the dash or windscreen. Not sure it would be high enough but there's load of different types on Amazon so they may be worth a look.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I prefer not to stuck things in the A.C. vents for two reasons:
Israel is a hot country and in summer time every cold breeze to your face is priceless :p
I use the Samsung Note 4, a large cell phone and A.C. vents these days are quite gentle.
So I use this cell phone holder http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=281969770745&alt=web and you can stick it wherever you want + very low buying price.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm currently using an air vent clip on one on my Toyota Avensis and it works really well, however I'd like to do away with that on the Cactus. Im thinking there must be a way to clip to or fix a bracket onto the tablet. Anyone tried this or seen anything that might work?

Shame theres no CD player as I also have a CD clip in one somewhere lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts