Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took our Flair for a spin today and came back in the dark and no probs at all. Other than where ever are the interior mood lights ?. Checked my spec sheet and it definately says led mood lighting ????

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can't spot it either! Picked mine up today and can't find any mood LEDs anywhere. Also, can't seem to get the LED front lights to work in Auto mode... I was hoping they could be set to be on all the time.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I guess that there must be an error in the specs sheet with "LED mood lights". We have here in Finland the same brochure and specs sheet (in Finnish of course) and there is "Map reading lights with LED". Basic models are equipped with conventional bulbs.

The LED daytime lights are on/off depending on light and rain conditions. It must be quite sunny and bright that the daytime lights are on only.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Originally I think the LED lights came standard with the "Flair" spec, but seems this has changed.

I'm disappointed that there is no lighting (LED or not) for the back seats. Seems like an important omission to me, on safety grounds at least

·
Registered
27 Posts
Stuzilla said:
Originally I think the LED lights came standard with the "Flair" spec, but seems this has changed.

I'm disappointed that there is no lighting (LED or not) for the back seats. Seems like an important omission to me, on safety grounds at least
I ha ve the same opinion... I will fit some roof light from other citroen model. Maybe from the DS4!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I read the online owners manual this morning and couldn't find any mention of mood lighting. Interestingly it does mention the controls for the heated seats? Is it something that only kicks in when the music is on, a bit like the mood lighting around the speakers in a top spec Kia Soul?

G

·
I have the Flair and according to the brochure and dealer at time of purchase it should have had mood lighting, it didn't.

I contacted Citroen and they said it was a error in the brochure, there never has been any mood lighting in any Cactus, they apologised and said it states in the brochure some thing could be subject to change. :x

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Keith said:
I have the Flair and according to the brochure and dealer at time of purchase it should have had mood lighting, it didn't.

I contacted Citroen and they said it was a error in the brochure, there never has been any mood lighting in any Cactus, they apologised and said it states in the brochure some thing could be subject to change. :x
Ahh there you go that is what I must have read..... but really it does not need any more internal lighting as the centre screen does that enough.

On my last car (Mazda 6) it was fairly dark inside at night (apart from dash) but it had a small blue light in the roof that just showed enough light to break up the darkness and make it a better driving experience at night but like I say the cactus does not need this

·
Registered
328 Posts
Stuzilla said:

Couldn't agree more about the lack of lights in the back, it's a point I made on an earlier thread I started called Missing Standard Kit that was shot down in flames :lol:

As for driving in the dark, I wish the buttons on the steering wheel glowed blue like the window buttons on the door, and not red. I find it hard to find the buttons I need.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Can I just ask why you want lights in the back .... It's not something I think of when buying a car and I don't even know if our old car (Mazda 6) had one

·
Registered
328 Posts
JohnYoung said:
Mrsstuzilla said:
The poster said they wanted it so they could buckle kids up in the back of the car I think.
Ahhh right - I see
Especially when it starts getting dark at 4pm. Maybe I can park under a lamp post and let the light shine through the roof ... seems I am compromising far too often with this car :lol:

·
Registered
316 Posts
You tell him Clare!!!!.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Blactus said:
JohnYoung said:
Mrsstuzilla said:
The poster said they wanted it so they could buckle kids up in the back of the car I think.
Ahhh right - I see
Especially when it starts getting dark at 4pm. Maybe I can park under a lamp post and let the light shine through the roof ... seems I am compromising far too often with this car :lol:
Get it sold to someone on here who is still waiting for theirs ;)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Sorry Claire, I spelt your name wrong. I am getting some LED bulbs for my reversing Camera in the reversing lamp holder. I will let you know and others if it is very good. They arrive tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts